Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
Scone Palace, one of Scotland's favourite visitor attractions, has invited dogs and their owners to an exclusive summer event where four-legged friends will get the royal treatment.
Paws at the Palace, organised in partnership with Dog Friendly Perthshire, will feature doggy fun and games, parades of different breeds, agility classes and some paw-some demonstrations. The all-day event on Sunday 30th June will also include food stalls (for humans and dogs), cool-down areas, and a host of stall holders selling doggy gear and gifts.
The event is a celebration of Scone Palace's recognition as one of the most pet-friendly places to visit in the world. Not only is it a perfect place for a dog walk, but the Palace's Old Kitchen is open to dogs during the winter months.
Last summer Scone Palace was named in the top seven of the U.K.'s most pet-friendly places and outranked several other famous Scottish locations, making it the animal lovers' favourite in Scotland. TrustedHousesitters, the world's largest house and pet sitting company, asked its users to vote for the best places in the world to take pets. Scone Palace won the accolade for its spectacular location and dog-friendly attitude.
The organisers are expecting hundreds of attendees at Paws at the Palace. Heather McArthur, Events Manager at Scone Palace, said:
"It's clear from the amount of four-legged visitors we get to Scone Palace, and from the success of Dog Friendly Perthshire, that we're in a region that loves its dogs. That's why we wanted to dedicate a whole day to dogs and their owners. It's a chance for pets and their owners to mingle and take part in some fun activities in our beautiful grounds, but also and learn a thing or two as well."
Katie McCandless Thomas, who launched Dog Friendly Perthshire last year, will be attending along with her Lhasa Apso, Baxter, who fronts her campaign. She said:
"I launched Dog Friendly Perthshire due to popular demand and it now has more than 7000 followers on social media. I'm confident that Perthshire will become the dog-friendly capital of Scotland, and Paws at the Palace is another step towards that happening. We've already had interest from tons of dog owners. It's safe to say that Paws at the Palace will be an unmissable event."
Visitors to the event will be charged admission to the Palace grounds. Tickets are available at https://scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on/paws-palace
Anyone interested in having a stall at Paws at the Palace or sponsoring one of its events should email Heather McArthur on firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on Scone Palace is at www.scone-palace.co.uk
(L-R) Linda Allan with Pippa, Chris Allan with Cookie, Christine Faulds Quinn with Tally, James Howie & Lauren Wimble with Oban, Micha and Audrey Maestri Stevenson with Daisy & Oscar, Tia Gower with Monty & Odin, Katie McCandless-Thomas with Baxter, Alanna Jackson with Badger, Bang & Trinny, Yvonne Henderson with Angus, Elaine Macfarlane with Oran
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021