Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
Scone Palace, one of Scotland's favourite visitor attractions, has invited dogs and their owners to an exclusive summer event where four-legged friends will get the royal treatment.
Paws at the Palace, organised in partnership with Dog Friendly Perthshire, will feature doggy fun and games, parades of different breeds, agility classes and some paw-some demonstrations. The all-day event on Sunday 30th June will also include food stalls (for humans and dogs), cool-down areas, and a host of stall holders selling doggy gear and gifts.
The event is a celebration of Scone Palace's recognition as one of the most pet-friendly places to visit in the world. Not only is it a perfect place for a dog walk, but the Palace's Old Kitchen is open to dogs during the winter months.
Last summer Scone Palace was named in the top seven of the U.K.'s most pet-friendly places and outranked several other famous Scottish locations, making it the animal lovers' favourite in Scotland. TrustedHousesitters, the world's largest house and pet sitting company, asked its users to vote for the best places in the world to take pets. Scone Palace won the accolade for its spectacular location and dog-friendly attitude.
The organisers are expecting hundreds of attendees at Paws at the Palace. Heather McArthur, Events Manager at Scone Palace, said:
"It's clear from the amount of four-legged visitors we get to Scone Palace, and from the success of Dog Friendly Perthshire, that we're in a region that loves its dogs. That's why we wanted to dedicate a whole day to dogs and their owners. It's a chance for pets and their owners to mingle and take part in some fun activities in our beautiful grounds, but also and learn a thing or two as well."
Katie McCandless Thomas, who launched Dog Friendly Perthshire last year, will be attending along with her Lhasa Apso, Baxter, who fronts her campaign. She said:
"I launched Dog Friendly Perthshire due to popular demand and it now has more than 7000 followers on social media. I'm confident that Perthshire will become the dog-friendly capital of Scotland, and Paws at the Palace is another step towards that happening. We've already had interest from tons of dog owners. It's safe to say that Paws at the Palace will be an unmissable event."
Visitors to the event will be charged admission to the Palace grounds. Tickets are available at https://scone-palace.co.uk/whats-on/paws-palace
Anyone interested in having a stall at Paws at the Palace or sponsoring one of its events should email Heather McArthur on email@example.com
More information on Scone Palace is at www.scone-palace.co.uk
(L-R) Linda Allan with Pippa, Chris Allan with Cookie, Christine Faulds Quinn with Tally, James Howie & Lauren Wimble with Oban, Micha and Audrey Maestri Stevenson with Daisy & Oscar, Tia Gower with Monty & Odin, Katie McCandless-Thomas with Baxter, Alanna Jackson with Badger, Bang & Trinny, Yvonne Henderson with Angus, Elaine Macfarlane with Oran
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business