Scone Palace & Estates appoints a new Chief Executive
Scone Palace and Estates has recently appointed Brian Stevenson, former deputy director for the Scottish Government’s Rural Payments and Inspection Directorate, as its new Chief Executive.
A graduate of the University of Aberdeen with a BSC in Agriculture and 22 years’ experience in the Rural Payments and Inspection Directorate, Brian previously oversaw the administration of all European Commission Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) schemes in Scotland. Brian will be employed by Savills, the managing agents for the estate.
His experience ensures he is well placed to run the 19,000 acre historical estate that includes 15,000 acres of agricultural land, 4,000 acres of forestry and one of Scotland’s most popular visitor attractions, Scone Palace, welcoming 118,000 visitors through its gates every year.
Steeped in history, Scone Palace was previously at the centre of power in Scotland. The crowning place of Scottish Kings, with no less than 42 coronated on Scone’s famous ‘Stone of Scone’ including Robert the Bruce, its other famous visitors include King Charles II, Bonnie Prince Charlie and Queen Victoria. The Palace boasts an extensive collection of art and historical artefacts, including a writing desk gifted to the 2nd Earl of Mansfield by Marie-Antoinette, a personal friend.
The estate parklands are home to some of Perthshire’s biggest events, including the GWCT The Scottish Game Fair and Rewind Festival, as well as having played host to major national broadcast events such as the BBC’s Biggest Weekend in 2018.
Embracing the outdoor life, the estate also offers over 3 miles of salmon fishing on the River Tay, along with traditional sporting pursuits.
“I’m delighted to be taking on the role of Chief Executive of one of Scotland’s most progressive and historical estates. As a local resident of Perth & Kinross I’ve visited Scone Palace with my family and we’ve enjoyed the extensive gardens and grounds as visitors. It’s a genuine privilege to serve as the organisation’s Chief Executive. I’ve been made to feel very welcome by both Lord and Lady Mansfield and their dedicated team whose knowledge and passion for this historical estate is inspiring. I’m looking forward to working with everyone to continue to protect and develop both the legacy and the future of this most historical place.”
Hugo Struthers, Head of Savills Rural Property Division in Scotland, said:
“Scone estates recognise the vital part that the rural sector is playing in the sustainable growth of the local economy, through its diversification into a variety of activities, and this is reflected in Brian’s appointment. As an able and forward-looking rural professional, he is extremely well placed to oversee the next phase in the development of Scone Palace and Estates.”
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Thursday 12th November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 11th November 2020
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Scot Gov COVID Update: Perth and Kinross Tier Three from Friday 13th Nov 2020