Chamber Network Update - Coronavirus
As media coverage of the coronavirus increases, we felt it appropriate to share more up-to-date information since the update we shared on the 12th of February on this issue. Since the first positive case of coronavirus in Scotland was confirmed, the UK Government chaired a meeting of the government emergency COBR committee on the coronavirus outbreak to finalise a plan of counter-measures to the virus.
It is understandable that businesses are becoming more aware and cautious of the potential economic and human impacts of the virus. We continue to be watchful of further significant developments and will update you on these as they come. Below is a list of information and resources we have gathered, which we would encourage you to share within your own networks as we are doing to our collective membership:
- The UK Government Coronavirus: Action Plan published this week, that lays out the UKGOV’s plans to contain and mitigate the effects of the virus.
- The Scottish Government statement on its response to the first confirmed case in Scotland.
- The latest update from the UK Government with up-to-date advice and information for the public.
- UK Government advice for employers and businesses.
- The latest travel advice to the countries, cities & regions the SCC Network is looking to take trade missions to and from:
For any other country travel advice, please click here and search.
We will publish more updates as we receive them.
- Johnston Carmichael experts reveal business predictions for 2021
- Trio of New Year appointments at Bell Ingram
- Blackadders: Protecting Your Future in 2021: Wills and Powers of Attorney – Part 1
- Blackadders: Civil Court Update: Continued Operation of Scotland’s Civil Courts
- Blackadders: The First Minister announces tougher restrictions: what does it mean for office work?
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum
- The Malting House Dundee design studio comes of age
- Circular Tayside: Take a look at this inspiring Triple A plan from the MDG group that covers sustainability and circular economy!
- Tippermuir Books has the pleasure of being the publisher for The Black Watch & the Great War.
- Senior promotions at Thorntons Solicitors
- SCOTTISH SMEs REMAIN COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY DESPITE COVID-19
- PKC Place Management Team: FAO Independent Retailers, Restaurants and Public Facing Businesses in Perth and Kinross. 6 Jan 2021.
- TravelKnowHow Scotland: Free Virtual Workplace Travel Planning Workshops
- SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCE A FURTHER £13 MILLION FOR EVENTS INDUSTRY
- The Magic of Christmas from Pitlochry Festival Theatre
- Circular Tayside: How to make your own reusable face covering – live workshop from Zero Waste Scotland
- Circular Tayside: Rural jobs Scotland: Report predicts thousands of roles could be created in green economy boost
- Circular Tayside: Survey highlights Perth and Kinross residents’ concerns over single-use plastics