Chamber Network Update - Coronavirus
As media coverage of the coronavirus increases, we felt it appropriate to share more up-to-date information since the update we shared on the 12th of February on this issue. Since the first positive case of coronavirus in Scotland was confirmed, the UK Government chaired a meeting of the government emergency COBR committee on the coronavirus outbreak to finalise a plan of counter-measures to the virus.
It is understandable that businesses are becoming more aware and cautious of the potential economic and human impacts of the virus. We continue to be watchful of further significant developments and will update you on these as they come. Below is a list of information and resources we have gathered, which we would encourage you to share within your own networks as we are doing to our collective membership:
- The UK Government Coronavirus: Action Plan published this week, that lays out the UKGOV’s plans to contain and mitigate the effects of the virus.
- The Scottish Government statement on its response to the first confirmed case in Scotland.
- The latest update from the UK Government with up-to-date advice and information for the public.
- UK Government advice for employers and businesses.
- The latest travel advice to the countries, cities & regions the SCC Network is looking to take trade missions to and from:
For any other country travel advice, please click here and search.
We will publish more updates as we receive them.
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY