SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
Commenting on the announcement that the UK and EU negotiators have come to an agreement, Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Chief Executive of the Scottish Chambers of Commerce (SCC), said:
“On the surface this is good news but the devil is in the detail. The huge effort by UK and EU negotiators to get us this far is appreciated. But until we see what the deal means for businesses on the ground, many are reserving judgement.
“We need to see what this new deal entails for businesses in Scotland that trade with companies in Europe and Northern Ireland, and businesses that employ EU nationals.
“Frankly, the announcement that a deal has been reached gives a slight feeling of ‘déjà vu’. We have been here before. Let’s not forget, this is not the end of the Brexit process, it is the beginning of the end of the first chapter. But that is only if the deal can secure parliamentary support.
“We wait with bated breath for a sensible solution to the Brexit conundrum.”
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"