SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
Commenting on the announcement that the UK and EU negotiators have come to an agreement, Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Chief Executive of the Scottish Chambers of Commerce (SCC), said:
“On the surface this is good news but the devil is in the detail. The huge effort by UK and EU negotiators to get us this far is appreciated. But until we see what the deal means for businesses on the ground, many are reserving judgement.
“We need to see what this new deal entails for businesses in Scotland that trade with companies in Europe and Northern Ireland, and businesses that employ EU nationals.
“Frankly, the announcement that a deal has been reached gives a slight feeling of ‘déjà vu’. We have been here before. Let’s not forget, this is not the end of the Brexit process, it is the beginning of the end of the first chapter. But that is only if the deal can secure parliamentary support.
“We wait with bated breath for a sensible solution to the Brexit conundrum.”
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business