SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
Commenting ahead of tomorrow’s debate and vote in Westminster on the Prime Minister’s proposed Brexit deal, Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Director/Chief Executive of Scottish Chambers of Commerce, said:
"As we enter into a major week of debates at Westminster, businesses will be watching closely hoping for a practical way forward.
For too long, business communities have operated under a consistent shadow of uncertainty, being left to plan as best we can for multiple scenarios.
Businesses throughout the UK need to trade efficiently and competitively enabling us to continue creating jobs and growth. Decisions taken over the course of the next few days will determine if this will remain possible.
It is now time for politicians to listen, to analyse, and to act in the best interests of people’s livelihoods."
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
- University of Dundee to provide new Graduate Apprenticeship opportunities
- POLITICAL UNCERTAINTY AND COST PRESSURES TAKING TOLL ON SCOTTISH ECONOMY
- Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
- Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
- ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure