SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
Commenting ahead of tomorrow’s debate and vote in Westminster on the Prime Minister’s proposed Brexit deal, Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Director/Chief Executive of Scottish Chambers of Commerce, said:
"As we enter into a major week of debates at Westminster, businesses will be watching closely hoping for a practical way forward.
For too long, business communities have operated under a consistent shadow of uncertainty, being left to plan as best we can for multiple scenarios.
Businesses throughout the UK need to trade efficiently and competitively enabling us to continue creating jobs and growth. Decisions taken over the course of the next few days will determine if this will remain possible.
It is now time for politicians to listen, to analyse, and to act in the best interests of people’s livelihoods."
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust announces 2019 charity partners
- Relocation: A potential financial disaster
- Power of attorney - planning our affairs
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launch date confirmed
- Packed programme announced for 31st Scottish Game Fair
- Lifetime allowance tax could trap more than a million pension savers
- Confidence among Scottish businesses dips
- GDPR Doomsday – A Year On
- Double appointment for Thorntons land and rural business team
- PBN new committee unveils exciting programme of speakers