SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
Commenting ahead of tomorrow’s debate and vote in Westminster on the Prime Minister’s proposed Brexit deal, Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Director/Chief Executive of Scottish Chambers of Commerce, said:
"As we enter into a major week of debates at Westminster, businesses will be watching closely hoping for a practical way forward.
For too long, business communities have operated under a consistent shadow of uncertainty, being left to plan as best we can for multiple scenarios.
Businesses throughout the UK need to trade efficiently and competitively enabling us to continue creating jobs and growth. Decisions taken over the course of the next few days will determine if this will remain possible.
It is now time for politicians to listen, to analyse, and to act in the best interests of people’s livelihoods."
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business