SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
Commenting on announcement on the two-year post-study work visa, Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Director and Chief Executive of Scottish Chambers of Commerce, said:
“Through the Scottish Chambers of Commerce’s representation on the UK Immigration Advisory Group, we have been calling for the restoration of the two-year work visa for a long time. It is long overdue, but are pleased that it is finally being implemented, as it has the support of all Scottish Universities and the wider business community.
“At a time when we are experiencing skills and labour market challenges, this will enable those students, who are already contributing to Scotland’s economy, to further use their learning, knowledge and expertise to support the growth of Scottish businesses.
“Students who are educated here in Scotland form great alliances and friendships. When they return to their respective countries, this network is invaluable and creates new opportunities for us all. Creating a pathway for international students to work post-study is the right approach for Scotland.”
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 4th December 2020
- Perth College UHI: New Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) allows SMEs to access up to £5,000 worth of training
- Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - A Valuable Local Asset for All
- Circular Tayside : November 2020 Newsletter
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Circular Tayside: Check out this inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s!
- Scottish Government Daily Wednesday 2nd December 2020
- Scottish Government Daily Monday 30th December 2020
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 26th Nov 2020
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Wednesday 25th November 2020
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards