SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
Commenting on announcement on the two-year post-study work visa, Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Director and Chief Executive of Scottish Chambers of Commerce, said:
“Through the Scottish Chambers of Commerce’s representation on the UK Immigration Advisory Group, we have been calling for the restoration of the two-year work visa for a long time. It is long overdue, but are pleased that it is finally being implemented, as it has the support of all Scottish Universities and the wider business community.
“At a time when we are experiencing skills and labour market challenges, this will enable those students, who are already contributing to Scotland’s economy, to further use their learning, knowledge and expertise to support the growth of Scottish businesses.
“Students who are educated here in Scotland form great alliances and friendships. When they return to their respective countries, this network is invaluable and creates new opportunities for us all. Creating a pathway for international students to work post-study is the right approach for Scotland.”
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"