SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
Commenting on announcement on the two-year post-study work visa, Dr Liz Cameron OBE, Director and Chief Executive of Scottish Chambers of Commerce, said:
“Through the Scottish Chambers of Commerce’s representation on the UK Immigration Advisory Group, we have been calling for the restoration of the two-year work visa for a long time. It is long overdue, but are pleased that it is finally being implemented, as it has the support of all Scottish Universities and the wider business community.
“At a time when we are experiencing skills and labour market challenges, this will enable those students, who are already contributing to Scotland’s economy, to further use their learning, knowledge and expertise to support the growth of Scottish businesses.
“Students who are educated here in Scotland form great alliances and friendships. When they return to their respective countries, this network is invaluable and creates new opportunities for us all. Creating a pathway for international students to work post-study is the right approach for Scotland.”
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
- Stone of Destiny Engagement
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross