Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
BLAIRGOWRIE Golf Club is ready to roll out the welcome mat for another high-profile tournament.
The 2014 Junior Ryder Cup venue staged a successful PGA Championship over the summer and on September 28 and 29 the Rosemount and Lansdowne courses will host a Farmfoods Tartan Pro Tour event.
The inaugural “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021” enjoys support from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce members Carbon Financial, a long-standing corporate partner with the Blairgowrie club.
The Big County event follows hard on the heels of the Chamber’s own successful golf day held at Blairgowrie, which was again supported by the Fair City business.
Open winner and Ryder Cup veteran Paul Lawrie launched the Tartan Pro Tour last year to give young Scottish pros a chance to play tournament golf as the country emerged from lockdown.
Lawrie will be teeing-up at Blairgowrie in a 72-strong field.
Carbon managing director Gordon Wilson said: “The courses are in superb condition, as Chamber members and their guests discovered for themselves earlier this month.
“Paul has attended Carbon events at Blairgowrie in the past and we are all looking forward to seeing him in action again, along with young pros trying to make a name for themselves.”
Lawrie believes Foundations spearheaded by himself and Stephen Gallacher, along with one set-up in memory of the late Perth businessman Barrie Douglas, are key to nurturing the next generation of Scottish talent.
Blairgowrie managing secretary and former Team Europe Junior Ryder Cup team captain Stuart Wilson admits hosting the Tartan Tour event is another feather in the Perthshire club’s cap.
“We are looking forward to welcoming the pros for the inaugural ‘Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters’ and it’s a great way to sign-off what has been a busy season for the club.”
Gordon Wilson (left), Carbon Financial managing director, with 1999 Open champion and Ryder Cup star Paul Lawrie at Blairgowrie Golf Club
- Chamber Golf Day Open for Bookings and Backed by Carbon
- Tayside and Strathearn Help for Ukraine
- Annual Golf Day: Friday 16th September 2022 at Strathmore Golf Centre
- Binn Group installs repurposed materials artwork to promote international Earth Day
- Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme
- Digital apprenticeship development
- Retail sales fall as rising cost of living bites
- Nearly one in five Scottish employers are likely to make redundancies in the year ahead
- India and UK to press ahead with talks on free trade deal
- Carbon Financial Partners are on the move!
- Balhousie staff shine at awards ceremony
- Murrayshall launch new F&B outlets
- Scottish economy faltering as businesses report record high concerns over inflation and rising costs
- Shop sales slow as people rein in spending
- Biggest squeeze for public sector pay in 20 years
- Scotland sees fall in real wage growth and unemployment
- Scottish Islands Passport Launched
- PACE Support
- War set to cut Ukraine's economy by almost half
- UK economic growth slows sharply in February
- Digital Growth Grant
- CO2 Utilisation Challenge Fund launched
- CARBON TEE-UP SUPPORT FOR PERTHSHIRE GOLF EVENT
- Award winning architect set to reboot the way we work post-pandemic