Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
BLAIRGOWRIE Golf Club is ready to roll out the welcome mat for another high-profile tournament.
The 2014 Junior Ryder Cup venue staged a successful PGA Championship over the summer and on September 28 and 29 the Rosemount and Lansdowne courses will host a Farmfoods Tartan Pro Tour event.
The inaugural “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021” enjoys support from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce members Carbon Financial, a long-standing corporate partner with the Blairgowrie club.
The Big County event follows hard on the heels of the Chamber’s own successful golf day held at Blairgowrie, which was again supported by the Fair City business.
Open winner and Ryder Cup veteran Paul Lawrie launched the Tartan Pro Tour last year to give young Scottish pros a chance to play tournament golf as the country emerged from lockdown.
Lawrie will be teeing-up at Blairgowrie in a 72-strong field.
Carbon managing director Gordon Wilson said: “The courses are in superb condition, as Chamber members and their guests discovered for themselves earlier this month.
“Paul has attended Carbon events at Blairgowrie in the past and we are all looking forward to seeing him in action again, along with young pros trying to make a name for themselves.”
Lawrie believes Foundations spearheaded by himself and Stephen Gallacher, along with one set-up in memory of the late Perth businessman Barrie Douglas, are key to nurturing the next generation of Scottish talent.
Blairgowrie managing secretary and former Team Europe Junior Ryder Cup team captain Stuart Wilson admits hosting the Tartan Tour event is another feather in the Perthshire club’s cap.
“We are looking forward to welcoming the pros for the inaugural ‘Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters’ and it’s a great way to sign-off what has been a busy season for the club.”
Gordon Wilson (left), Carbon Financial managing director, with 1999 Open champion and Ryder Cup star Paul Lawrie at Blairgowrie Golf Club
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May
- SMEs likely to be hit hardest with interest rate rise
- GS Group boosts Dundee presence
- New Head of Sustainability for Bidwells
- Gillespie Macandrew bolsters planning team with the appointment of Sandy Telfer
- Scotland 5GCentre Innovation Challenge Live