Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
BLAIRGOWRIE Golf Club is ready to roll out the welcome mat for another high-profile tournament.
The 2014 Junior Ryder Cup venue staged a successful PGA Championship over the summer and on September 28 and 29 the Rosemount and Lansdowne courses will host a Farmfoods Tartan Pro Tour event.
The inaugural “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021” enjoys support from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce members Carbon Financial, a long-standing corporate partner with the Blairgowrie club.
The Big County event follows hard on the heels of the Chamber’s own successful golf day held at Blairgowrie, which was again supported by the Fair City business.
Open winner and Ryder Cup veteran Paul Lawrie launched the Tartan Pro Tour last year to give young Scottish pros a chance to play tournament golf as the country emerged from lockdown.
Lawrie will be teeing-up at Blairgowrie in a 72-strong field.
Carbon managing director Gordon Wilson said: “The courses are in superb condition, as Chamber members and their guests discovered for themselves earlier this month.
“Paul has attended Carbon events at Blairgowrie in the past and we are all looking forward to seeing him in action again, along with young pros trying to make a name for themselves.”
Lawrie believes Foundations spearheaded by himself and Stephen Gallacher, along with one set-up in memory of the late Perth businessman Barrie Douglas, are key to nurturing the next generation of Scottish talent.
Blairgowrie managing secretary and former Team Europe Junior Ryder Cup team captain Stuart Wilson admits hosting the Tartan Tour event is another feather in the Perthshire club’s cap.
“We are looking forward to welcoming the pros for the inaugural ‘Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters’ and it’s a great way to sign-off what has been a busy season for the club.”
Gordon Wilson (left), Carbon Financial managing director, with 1999 Open champion and Ryder Cup star Paul Lawrie at Blairgowrie Golf Club
- Binn Group buys out neighbouring Perth metals business
- Imaginative young Perthshire people to inspire design at flagship site
- Renowned Scottish visitor attraction joins Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels
- Deal struck for successful Perth business GS Group
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak outlines further measures to tackle the cost of living crisis
- Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance marks nine years in the air
- Stagecoach celebrates Scottish Bus Week by encouraging people to ditch their cars and try the bus
- Accounting, Administration and Business Taster Sessions at Perth College UHI
- Almost a quarter of Scottish businesses hit by more late payments as inflation rises
- Ukraine invasion could cause global food crisis, UN warns
- Low Carbon Manufacturing Challenge Fund
- Global Business Dinner
- Retail sales jump in April driven by cigarettes and alcohol
- UK and Mexico launch trade talks
- Dunfermline to become Scotland's eighth city
- Carbon backs the Bill McLaren Foundation golf day
- Fresh experience earns food award for Perthshire country estate
- Royal visitors unveil plaque at Crieff Jubilee Woodland
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Celebrating Celebrancy success: Andrew D Scott Celebrant wins Global Wedding Award