Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
BLAIRGOWRIE Golf Club is ready to roll out the welcome mat for another high-profile tournament.
The 2014 Junior Ryder Cup venue staged a successful PGA Championship over the summer and on September 28 and 29 the Rosemount and Lansdowne courses will host a Farmfoods Tartan Pro Tour event.
The inaugural “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021” enjoys support from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce members Carbon Financial, a long-standing corporate partner with the Blairgowrie club.
The Big County event follows hard on the heels of the Chamber’s own successful golf day held at Blairgowrie, which was again supported by the Fair City business.
Open winner and Ryder Cup veteran Paul Lawrie launched the Tartan Pro Tour last year to give young Scottish pros a chance to play tournament golf as the country emerged from lockdown.
Lawrie will be teeing-up at Blairgowrie in a 72-strong field.
Carbon managing director Gordon Wilson said: “The courses are in superb condition, as Chamber members and their guests discovered for themselves earlier this month.
“Paul has attended Carbon events at Blairgowrie in the past and we are all looking forward to seeing him in action again, along with young pros trying to make a name for themselves.”
Lawrie believes Foundations spearheaded by himself and Stephen Gallacher, along with one set-up in memory of the late Perth businessman Barrie Douglas, are key to nurturing the next generation of Scottish talent.
Blairgowrie managing secretary and former Team Europe Junior Ryder Cup team captain Stuart Wilson admits hosting the Tartan Tour event is another feather in the Perthshire club’s cap.
“We are looking forward to welcoming the pros for the inaugural ‘Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters’ and it’s a great way to sign-off what has been a busy season for the club.”
Gordon Wilson (left), Carbon Financial managing director, with 1999 Open champion and Ryder Cup star Paul Lawrie at Blairgowrie Golf Club
- VAT annual adjustments - it's time to act to ensure claims are maximised
- How to make Health & Safety a Priority for your Business
- PoP Feature: Past of Perthshire - Perth: Scenic Setting and Evolution
- UK inflation rises at fastest rate for 40 years as food costs jump
- Scottish tourism bookings down as cost-of-living crisis bites
- Second rail strike to go ahead on Thursday as talks break down
- NFU Mutual Perth Recognised for Exceptional Service and Performance
- Jane Spiers Appointed as New Chair of the National Theatre of Scotland
- Stagecoach buses and coaches ready to keep Britain on the move during rail strikes
- Methods of Payment & Letters of Credit
- Incoterms 2020
- Bank of England Briefing
- Space Suppliers Summit Glasgow
- Commuters Switching to Cars Face Record UK Petrol Prices to Fill Up
- Spirit of the Highlands and Islands Campaign Launched
- UK Faces Biggest Rail Strike In 30 Years
- Funding Update from Invest In Perth and June Bulletin
- Bank of England, Agency for Scotland Briefing, 23rd June 2022
- The latest Perth & Kinross Economic Data summary published
- Rail strike to halt 90% of ScotRail train services
- Nicola Sturgeon unveils case for Scottish independence
- Balbeggie care home worker shows off his art skills in Channel 4 reality show
- Outstanding students celebrated in prizegiving ceremony
- Everest Inn, Perth, scoops Curry Restaurant of the Year Award at Scottish Curry Awards