Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
BLAIRGOWRIE Golf Club is ready to roll out the welcome mat for another high-profile tournament.
The 2014 Junior Ryder Cup venue staged a successful PGA Championship over the summer and on September 28 and 29 the Rosemount and Lansdowne courses will host a Farmfoods Tartan Pro Tour event.
The inaugural “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters 2021” enjoys support from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce members Carbon Financial, a long-standing corporate partner with the Blairgowrie club.
The Big County event follows hard on the heels of the Chamber’s own successful golf day held at Blairgowrie, which was again supported by the Fair City business.
Open winner and Ryder Cup veteran Paul Lawrie launched the Tartan Pro Tour last year to give young Scottish pros a chance to play tournament golf as the country emerged from lockdown.
Lawrie will be teeing-up at Blairgowrie in a 72-strong field.
Carbon managing director Gordon Wilson said: “The courses are in superb condition, as Chamber members and their guests discovered for themselves earlier this month.
“Paul has attended Carbon events at Blairgowrie in the past and we are all looking forward to seeing him in action again, along with young pros trying to make a name for themselves.”
Lawrie believes Foundations spearheaded by himself and Stephen Gallacher, along with one set-up in memory of the late Perth businessman Barrie Douglas, are key to nurturing the next generation of Scottish talent.
Blairgowrie managing secretary and former Team Europe Junior Ryder Cup team captain Stuart Wilson admits hosting the Tartan Tour event is another feather in the Perthshire club’s cap.
“We are looking forward to welcoming the pros for the inaugural ‘Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters’ and it’s a great way to sign-off what has been a busy season for the club.”
Gordon Wilson (left), Carbon Financial managing director, with 1999 Open champion and Ryder Cup star Paul Lawrie at Blairgowrie Golf Club
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax