Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
Scotland’s leading full service law firm Thorntons has donated £62,000 to Cash for Kids through its annual Charity Wills month, thanks to generous clients.
The initiative runs throughout September each year and applies to new or updated Wills written during the month. The firm does not charge a fee but instead asks clients to make an equivalent donation to Cash for Kids.
Last year Thorntons saw an increase in under 35s planning for the future and compiling a Will which in turn contributed to this fundraising total being 40% higher than the previous year.
Graham Lambert, Private Client Senior Solicitor at Thorntons Perth, said: “Making a Will is something everyone in Scotland aged over 16 should be thinking about but people often fear it’s a costly and morbid experience – this isn’t the case and our annual campaign is the ideal time to put affairs in order while supporting a local cause.
“It’s fantastic to see our Charity Wills initiative grow momentum each and every year with 2018/19 marking the biggest target reached to date for charity. We’re proud to support so many local causes through Cash for Kids as a result.”
The money donated by Thorntons provides a welcome boost to groups and causes across its network of offices. Last year this included a Fun and Food school project in Perth, holiday clubs in Angus, sensory room in Dundee and clothing bank in Kirkcaldy with more than 20,300 children supported in total from the company’s’ fundraising.
Claire Heaton, Radio Tay Cash for Kids Charity Manager, said: “Every year we are blown away by the generosity of those who participate in Thorntons Charity Wills campaign. The response has been incredible again in 2018 and we are thrilled that it has raised such a fantastic sum of money for Cash for Kids.”
Back row –Chris Gardiner, Thorntons St Andrews; Stuart Mackie, Thorntons Montrose; Graham Lambert, Thorntons Perth;
Middle row – Emma Kemp, Cash for Kids Charity Manager; Lorna Christine, Thorntons Dundee; Lisa Hainey, Thorntons Cupar; Lynne Hopkins, Thorntons Kirkcaldy
Front row – Anne McKeown, Thorntons Forfar; Nick Barclay, Thorntons Dundee, Claire Heaton, Cash for Kids; David Mathieson, Thorntons Arbroath
- Family Fun Day to Mark Perth Firm, GS Group's, Milestone Birthday
- Scotland to move beyond level 0 from Monday 9th August
- No quarantine requirements for fully jabbed US and EU travellers
- Stagecoach to Create 80 Jobs at New UK Customer Contact Centre in Perth
- Blackadders’ Expands Residential Team
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels welcomes Drummond Arms Hotel as associated hotel
- Businesses boost Perth Show's virtual showcase
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)