Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
Scotland’s leading full service law firm Thorntons has donated £62,000 to Cash for Kids through its annual Charity Wills month, thanks to generous clients.
The initiative runs throughout September each year and applies to new or updated Wills written during the month. The firm does not charge a fee but instead asks clients to make an equivalent donation to Cash for Kids.
Last year Thorntons saw an increase in under 35s planning for the future and compiling a Will which in turn contributed to this fundraising total being 40% higher than the previous year.
Graham Lambert, Private Client Senior Solicitor at Thorntons Perth, said: “Making a Will is something everyone in Scotland aged over 16 should be thinking about but people often fear it’s a costly and morbid experience – this isn’t the case and our annual campaign is the ideal time to put affairs in order while supporting a local cause.
“It’s fantastic to see our Charity Wills initiative grow momentum each and every year with 2018/19 marking the biggest target reached to date for charity. We’re proud to support so many local causes through Cash for Kids as a result.”
The money donated by Thorntons provides a welcome boost to groups and causes across its network of offices. Last year this included a Fun and Food school project in Perth, holiday clubs in Angus, sensory room in Dundee and clothing bank in Kirkcaldy with more than 20,300 children supported in total from the company’s’ fundraising.
Claire Heaton, Radio Tay Cash for Kids Charity Manager, said: “Every year we are blown away by the generosity of those who participate in Thorntons Charity Wills campaign. The response has been incredible again in 2018 and we are thrilled that it has raised such a fantastic sum of money for Cash for Kids.”
Back row –Chris Gardiner, Thorntons St Andrews; Stuart Mackie, Thorntons Montrose; Graham Lambert, Thorntons Perth;
Middle row – Emma Kemp, Cash for Kids Charity Manager; Lorna Christine, Thorntons Dundee; Lisa Hainey, Thorntons Cupar; Lynne Hopkins, Thorntons Kirkcaldy
Front row – Anne McKeown, Thorntons Forfar; Nick Barclay, Thorntons Dundee, Claire Heaton, Cash for Kids; David Mathieson, Thorntons Arbroath
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business
- ACS Flight Training appoints Bose Aviation as its official headset supplier
- On their bike for charities
- GS Group acquisition is "a good fit"
- Stone of Destiny Engagement
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross