Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
New legislation, which will require food businesses in Scotland to include the product name and full ingredients list, on food sold prepacked for direct sale (PPDS), comes into force on October 1st 2021, in Scotland and the rest of the UK.
Businesses must include the name of the food and the ingredients list with any of the 14 allergens required to be declared by law emphasised within it, if they are ingredients of the food.
Examples of PPDS foods include sandwiches placed into packaging by the food business and sold from the same premises, wrapped deli counter goods such as cheese and meats, and boxed salads placed on a refrigerated shelf prior to sale.
What information is required?
You must include the name of the food and the ingredients list with any of the 14 allergens required to be declared by law emphasised within it, if they are ingredients of the food. Allergens could be emphasised by:
● Using a different text colour
● Writing the allergens in bold or underlining
How is my business affected?
To find out how your business is affected visit the Food Standards Scotland website and answer a few questions to find out how you are affected by these changes.
Support and guidance
You can also find all the support and guidance you will need on the Food Standards Scotland website, along with a short video to help explain the legislation change.
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Deepen Dubai Connections at Landmark Bi-lateral Chamber Exchange
- COVID-19 Booster Programme
- First Minister’s COVID-19 Omicron Variant Briefing 10:30am 29/11/2021
- 'Back for the Future' Business Star Awards
- Scottish business taking green energy message to the world
- SCC respond to Scottish Government COVID-19 update
- PEST CONTROL FIRM TEES-UP NEW ROLE
- Scotland is Open
- Stagecoach announces free travel for veterans and military personnel across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels celebrates staff with a smile
- Perth based Carbon Financial is celebrating a landmark industry accolade
- Scottish Careers Week: 'Shape The Future' Webinar
- SCC Network - QEI Update
- Macnabs Will Aid Fundraising Event
- Pitlochry care home gets into the Autumn spirit with its own Tattie Bogle and a visit from Yarn Bombers
- KILMAC SPREADING ITS WINGS
- SCC Reaction to UK Budget 2021
- Plans for £33.8 million leisure-led development at Perthshire submitted to the Council
- Stephen Leckie honoured with HIT Industry Award 2021
- Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club