Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
It’s smiles all round for Perth care home as lockdown eases and hospitality opens up
It was smiles all round at a Perth care home this week as it celebrated lockdown easing with a custom fine dining experience courtesy of a local restaurant.
Pizza Express in Perth visited Balhousie North Inch and North Grove, located at the city’s North Inch park, to mark hospitality re-opening with a donation of 30 pizzas for residents and staff. Restaurant Manager Pauline Hutton and Senior Chef Piotr Petrecki also gifted vouchers to their restaurant.
Care staff Peter Hargreaves and Simon Wurr turned the event into a fine dining experience for residents, with bubbly, champagne flutes and flowers.
Resident Ann Miller (pictured, foreground) said: “I’m loving this, I’ve had a whale of a time!”
Catriona Short, Home Manager at Balhousie North Inch, said: “This has been a real treat for our residents who are joining in the celebrations happening across the country. Hospitality and retail are open, and since Monday our residents have been able to enjoy trips out of the homes again. We want to say a big thank you to Pizza Express Perth for their generosity and for making everyone’s day.”
Pictured: Peter Hargreaves, activities coordinator, Balhousie North Grove; Simon Wurr, care assistant, Balhousie North Inch (with resident, foreground); Balhousie residents Ann Miller (foreground), Annie Lightbody and Norrie Sinclair (background); Pauline Hutton, restaurant manager, Pizza Express Perth and Piotr Petrecki, senior chef, Pizza Express Perth.
For more information about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music