Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
It’s smiles all round for Perth care home as lockdown eases and hospitality opens up
It was smiles all round at a Perth care home this week as it celebrated lockdown easing with a custom fine dining experience courtesy of a local restaurant.
Pizza Express in Perth visited Balhousie North Inch and North Grove, located at the city’s North Inch park, to mark hospitality re-opening with a donation of 30 pizzas for residents and staff. Restaurant Manager Pauline Hutton and Senior Chef Piotr Petrecki also gifted vouchers to their restaurant.
Care staff Peter Hargreaves and Simon Wurr turned the event into a fine dining experience for residents, with bubbly, champagne flutes and flowers.
Resident Ann Miller (pictured, foreground) said: “I’m loving this, I’ve had a whale of a time!”
Catriona Short, Home Manager at Balhousie North Inch, said: “This has been a real treat for our residents who are joining in the celebrations happening across the country. Hospitality and retail are open, and since Monday our residents have been able to enjoy trips out of the homes again. We want to say a big thank you to Pizza Express Perth for their generosity and for making everyone’s day.”
Pictured: Peter Hargreaves, activities coordinator, Balhousie North Grove; Simon Wurr, care assistant, Balhousie North Inch (with resident, foreground); Balhousie residents Ann Miller (foreground), Annie Lightbody and Norrie Sinclair (background); Pauline Hutton, restaurant manager, Pizza Express Perth and Piotr Petrecki, senior chef, Pizza Express Perth.
For more information about Balhousie Care Group visit www.balhousiecare.co.uk
- VisitScotland Gaelic Toolkit Launched
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund
- Cultural Organisations and Arts Venues Funding Round 2
- Thimblerow Development Brief Consultation
- Significant New Appointment in Azets Aberdeen Office
- Carbon Webinars are ON THE BALL!
- New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
- Green Jobs Funding Call
- £26 Million For Digital Skills
- Test and Protect Update on COVID-19 Testing
- Glenalmond College - Virtual Open Day, June 19th
- Lindsays: The Right To Disconnect
- Kickstart for Aaron
- Hotel Group Partners With Respitality Scotland
- Bank of Scotland Academy Has Launched
- Grey Matters, The Company Creation Programme
- Aircraft Decommissioning Pathway
- New Managing Partner at Thorntons
- UK set for stronger post-Covid recovery, says OECD
- Deadline to Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - 30th June
- VisitScotland Destination and Sector Marketing Fund - Applications Open
- Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
- First Minister Sets Out Priorities For Government
- Open for Business Fund - Perth & Kinross Council