Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
Guests at this year’s Perthshire Chamber of Commerce Golf Day, supported by Carbon Financial Partners, enjoyed a successful day at the picture-perfect Pitlochry Golf Club.
Golfers once again snapped up places in record time to support this annual event which has become a popular fixture in the business calendar.
Teeing off after hot rolls, tea and coffee, players enjoyed a terrific afternoon of golf with amazing scenery and great course conditions with fair weather being an unexpected bonus.
The event, sponsored by Carbon Financial Partners for the eighth year running, saw teams compete for Winning Team, Winning Individual, Orange Ball, Nearest the Pin and Longest Drive for a range of fabulous trophies and prizes with each player taking home a professional photograph as a memento of the day gifted by Carbon.
Mark Christie, Corporate Director of Carbon Financial Partners, said:
“The course was in excellent condition and the staff at Pitlochry Golf Club couldn’t have been more hospitable and welcoming. The event was again well supported by the local business community and everyone had a fantastic day. The event also received valuable support for the Barrie Douglas Foundation.”
Chamber Chief Executive Vicki Unite added:
“We were delighted to partner with Carbon to deliver another successful and enjoyable Golf Day - we couldn’t do this without their generous support.”
Support for golf prizes came from Carbon Financial Partners, Crieff Golf Club, Pitlochry Golf Club, Gleneagles Golf Academy and Blairgowrie Golf Clu with prizes making up the raffle donated by Binn Group, Blackadders, Campbell Dallas, Castle Water, Crieff Hydro, Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery, Graham + Sibbald, GS Group, Izon Projects, Limetree Consultancy, Perth College UHI Academy of Sport and Wellbeing, Perth Racecourse, Praveen Kumar, Starbucks, Strathmore Golf Club, The Glenturret Distillery and Thorntons.
The Winning Team – Comprising Thorntons/Perthshire Advertiser at Pitlochry Golf Club represented by Colin Dolby, Graham Lambert, Douglas Dickie and Stevie McGraw with 92 Points who took home the Carbon Team Claret Jug and a Carbon Decanter each.
The Individual Winner was Adrian Freer of the Perth College UHI team who took home the Chamber Millennium Trophy plus a 4 Ball and Golf Towel at, and donated by, Crieff Golf Club.
The Orange Ball Competition was won by the Perth College UHI team comprising Gareth McKenna, Winston Flynn, Adrian Freer and Andy Ritchie who won a 4 Ball each at, and donated by, Pitlochry Golf Club and the Cairncross Rosebowl.
Nearest the Pin 16th Hole was won by Stuart Wallace from the Carbon Financial Partners team who took home the Elder and Paton Quaich and a Gleneagles Golf Academy Experience donated by Gleneagles.
The Longest Drive at the 12th hole winner was Derek Hughes from the Graham & Sibbald team who won a 4 Ball at, and donated by, Blairgowrie Golf Club.
Photos by Fraser Band - more can be found here: https://perthshirechamber.co.uk/about/photo-gallery/golf-day-2019/
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access