Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
A Perth company is launching an online counselling skills course, to help meet growing demand from those seeking to enhance their listening skills at work and home.
As of January 2020, Rowan Consultancy, one of Scotland’s leading providers of personal and organisational growth and development services, will offer an online version of the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Certificate in Counselling Skills.
COSCA, Scotland’s professional body for counselling and psychotherapy, has been offering the qualification face-to-face for over 20 years but, in a drive to be more inclusive and improve accessibility to those living in rural areas or facing travel or childcare issues, Rowan is offering module one of the course online, with potential students already expressing interest from as far as Italy and Alaska.
Students will receive ‘live training’ on Monday evenings via cloud platform Zoom, with all students presenting online simultaneously for trainer input, group discussion and skills practice in virtual breakout rooms. Students and tutors will also be able to record sessions, share documents and slides.
Rachel Weiss, Senior Partner, Rowan Consultancy believes the online aspect will complement the face-to-face version of the course – “Counselling skills are underpinned by building relationships and, by now offering this course online too, we can see and hear students in live time, capturing the same behaviours, words and body language as we gauge face-to-face. you may get a more accurate reflection of a student’s behavior as they can be more relaxed online than in-person. Delivering the course online allows us to be even more inclusive and accessible, attracting a wider range of recruits from a broader cross-spectrum of backgrounds.”
Ms Weiss also believes the qualification will appeal to a wide range of students – “This qualification generally marks the first step in becoming a counsellor, however, we are seeing increasing numbers of students who are looking to enhance their listening skills within their day jobs. Our students include teachers, social workers and befrienders, as well as those simply looking to be a better friend, parent or partner.”
An ‘open evening’ will be held online at https://zoom.us/ on 9 September and 11 November 2019.
Founded in 1997, Rowan Consultancy is one of Scotland’s leading providers of personal and organisational growth and development services, working with a range of clients from pupils and teachers to employees and private individuals, offering two main services - coaching and counselling. The firm is thought to be the only company in Scotland offering a one-stop, comprehensive service.
Rowan is listed on the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) register of recognised counselling organisations and abides by both the COSCA code of ethics and that of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Zoom is a cloud platform for video, voice and content sharing, running across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
- Scottish Game Fair Receives "Staggering" Response from Traders
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Eleven Top Industry Awards
- Business Confidence dips in Scotland
- Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
- Scone Palace opens its doors for an exciting 2019 tourist season
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- The Old Manse of Blair unveils new restaurant: The Orangery
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK