Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
A Perth company is launching an online counselling skills course, to help meet growing demand from those seeking to enhance their listening skills at work and home.
As of January 2020, Rowan Consultancy, one of Scotland’s leading providers of personal and organisational growth and development services, will offer an online version of the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Certificate in Counselling Skills.
COSCA, Scotland’s professional body for counselling and psychotherapy, has been offering the qualification face-to-face for over 20 years but, in a drive to be more inclusive and improve accessibility to those living in rural areas or facing travel or childcare issues, Rowan is offering module one of the course online, with potential students already expressing interest from as far as Italy and Alaska.
Students will receive ‘live training’ on Monday evenings via cloud platform Zoom, with all students presenting online simultaneously for trainer input, group discussion and skills practice in virtual breakout rooms. Students and tutors will also be able to record sessions, share documents and slides.
Rachel Weiss, Senior Partner, Rowan Consultancy believes the online aspect will complement the face-to-face version of the course – “Counselling skills are underpinned by building relationships and, by now offering this course online too, we can see and hear students in live time, capturing the same behaviours, words and body language as we gauge face-to-face. you may get a more accurate reflection of a student’s behavior as they can be more relaxed online than in-person. Delivering the course online allows us to be even more inclusive and accessible, attracting a wider range of recruits from a broader cross-spectrum of backgrounds.”
Ms Weiss also believes the qualification will appeal to a wide range of students – “This qualification generally marks the first step in becoming a counsellor, however, we are seeing increasing numbers of students who are looking to enhance their listening skills within their day jobs. Our students include teachers, social workers and befrienders, as well as those simply looking to be a better friend, parent or partner.”
An ‘open evening’ will be held online at https://zoom.us/ on 9 September and 11 November 2019.
Founded in 1997, Rowan Consultancy is one of Scotland’s leading providers of personal and organisational growth and development services, working with a range of clients from pupils and teachers to employees and private individuals, offering two main services - coaching and counselling. The firm is thought to be the only company in Scotland offering a one-stop, comprehensive service.
Rowan is listed on the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) register of recognised counselling organisations and abides by both the COSCA code of ethics and that of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Zoom is a cloud platform for video, voice and content sharing, running across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
- Royal Bank of Scotland Re-Launches Enterprise Programme
- Rally for Growth - Party Leader Events
- Scottish Government Daily Update 13th April 2021
- Charity works – if ever you needed proof - Barnardo’s Works
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline