Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
A Perth company is launching an online counselling skills course, to help meet growing demand from those seeking to enhance their listening skills at work and home.
As of January 2020, Rowan Consultancy, one of Scotland’s leading providers of personal and organisational growth and development services, will offer an online version of the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) Certificate in Counselling Skills.
COSCA, Scotland’s professional body for counselling and psychotherapy, has been offering the qualification face-to-face for over 20 years but, in a drive to be more inclusive and improve accessibility to those living in rural areas or facing travel or childcare issues, Rowan is offering module one of the course online, with potential students already expressing interest from as far as Italy and Alaska.
Students will receive ‘live training’ on Monday evenings via cloud platform Zoom, with all students presenting online simultaneously for trainer input, group discussion and skills practice in virtual breakout rooms. Students and tutors will also be able to record sessions, share documents and slides.
Rachel Weiss, Senior Partner, Rowan Consultancy believes the online aspect will complement the face-to-face version of the course – “Counselling skills are underpinned by building relationships and, by now offering this course online too, we can see and hear students in live time, capturing the same behaviours, words and body language as we gauge face-to-face. you may get a more accurate reflection of a student’s behavior as they can be more relaxed online than in-person. Delivering the course online allows us to be even more inclusive and accessible, attracting a wider range of recruits from a broader cross-spectrum of backgrounds.”
Ms Weiss also believes the qualification will appeal to a wide range of students – “This qualification generally marks the first step in becoming a counsellor, however, we are seeing increasing numbers of students who are looking to enhance their listening skills within their day jobs. Our students include teachers, social workers and befrienders, as well as those simply looking to be a better friend, parent or partner.”
An ‘open evening’ will be held online at https://zoom.us/ on 9 September and 11 November 2019.
Founded in 1997, Rowan Consultancy is one of Scotland’s leading providers of personal and organisational growth and development services, working with a range of clients from pupils and teachers to employees and private individuals, offering two main services - coaching and counselling. The firm is thought to be the only company in Scotland offering a one-stop, comprehensive service.
Rowan is listed on the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA) register of recognised counselling organisations and abides by both the COSCA code of ethics and that of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Zoom is a cloud platform for video, voice and content sharing, running across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
- The Scottish Chambers of Commerce has urged the Scottish Government to use their powers to support key transport routes and jobs.
- Continued growth after expansion for leading law firm Thorntons
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and Liquidation
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency Law and the differences in regimes as between Scotland and England & Wales
- Scone Palace gets into shape with a January Jog
- Buses Are Key To Making Our Communities Cleaner And Ensuring Our High Streets Thrive As Pivotal Year Begins
- 2020 starts with a bang for Employment Law
- The Enchanted Forest opens its 2020 Community Fund for applications
- Care Home resident and former St Johnstone FC scout welcomes his home team for visit
- Local charity donation of Perth Panto tickets
- Scone Palace opens doors to public to enjoy day of festive splendour
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business