New touring fund for live music
Musicians, bands, artists and venues will be able to apply to a £750,000 Scottish Government fund to bring new and additional concerts to venues and festivals in Scotland next year.
Scotland on Tour will support the staging of concerts across the whole nation from between January 2022 and January 2023.
Funded by Scottish Government and organised by Active Events, its decision making panel includes representatives from across the music industry, as well as Creative Scotland, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, XpoNorth and South of Scotland Enterprise.
Participating artists, venues and festivals will be announced later this year.
Culture Minister Jenny Gilruth said:
“Due to the impact of COVID-19, I know many concerts from 2020 and 2021 have been postponed – leaving little opportunity for artists to perform new concerts in traditional venues or concert halls up until late 2022, or even spring 2023.
“So I am very pleased to announce Scotland on Tour, a fund to help artists, venues and the wider music industry by creating new concert opportunities across Scotland next year.
“The fund is not only an exciting opportunity for artists and venues, but also for Scottish audiences, who will have the chance to see the best of Scottish music right on their doorstep.”
Further details will be announced soon as to how artists and venues can apply to the Scotland on Tour fund, which is expected to open for applications in October 2021. Registrations of interest to the fund can be recorded by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer