New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
Businesses in Perthshire are set to enjoy the benefits of the circular economy with the launch of a new support programme next month. ‘Circular Tayside’ is a joint initiative being delivered by Zero Waste Scotland, Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce and environmental consultancy Ricardo Energy and Environment.
The news follows last month’s announcement that Scotland has been selected as 2018’s host nation for Circular Economy Hotspot - a major international business event and trade mission that will showcase Scotland’s progressive approach to developing a circular economy, and our burgeoning circular business successes, to a global audience.
Speaking about the Circular Tayside programme, which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and will specifically provide free support to local small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs), Zero Waste Scotland’s Chief Executive, Iain Gulland commented: “Scotland is at the cutting edge of developing a more circular economy – designing products and services to keep materials in use for as long as possible. Businesses are already capitalising on the vast benefits of being circular and, through new business models, are finding untapped opportunities for innovation and increased profitability, whilst addressing the issue of resource pressures.
“The Circular Tayside initiative follows a recent research study commissioned by Zero Waste Scotland that has identified significant economic savings that could be made by Tayside businesses adopting circular economy opportunities.”
The Circular Tayside programme will aim to raise awareness of circular economy business opportunities, facilitate upskilling and collaboration amongst local businesses and provide free consultancy support to help businesses capitalise on local projects, including helping businesses access project funding of up to £1m.
Vicki Unite, Chief Executive at Perthshire Chamber of Commerce welcomed the news: “This is a great opportunity for Perthshire and the sustainability of our business community. The Chamber is excited to be playing a key role in helping local SMEs access the free support and funding that will be available when the programme launches this spring.”
“A number of local circular economy opportunities have been identified, with significant financial rewards and, ahead of the programme’s launch, the Chamber would like to hear from the local business community - to get their views on how these opportunities could be taken forward. We’ll be holding consultation events in April, and encourage anyone with an interest in this exciting area to get involved”.
The first event is scheduled for Wednesday 25th April at Perth Theatre and members and non-members are welcome. For more information and bookings please follow this link.
Benefits are already being seen with Perthshire Chamber members having been invited to tender for design, website and print work last week.
Perthshire Chamber is also keen to hear from any business leaders or circular economy enthusiasts who would like to be part of the Ambassador programme in the local area. If you would like to participate in events, be a spokesperson for Circular Tayside and carry the messages about the programme to the wider business community, please contact Perthshire Chamber of Commerce - we'd love to hear from you.
To find out more about the Circular Tayside programme and to take part in the consultation, contact the Perthshire of Commerce on 01738 448325 or email email@example.com.
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access