New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
Businesses in Perthshire are set to enjoy the benefits of the circular economy with the launch of a new support programme next month. ‘Circular Tayside’ is a joint initiative being delivered by Zero Waste Scotland, Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce and environmental consultancy Ricardo Energy and Environment.
The news follows last month’s announcement that Scotland has been selected as 2018’s host nation for Circular Economy Hotspot - a major international business event and trade mission that will showcase Scotland’s progressive approach to developing a circular economy, and our burgeoning circular business successes, to a global audience.
Speaking about the Circular Tayside programme, which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and will specifically provide free support to local small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs), Zero Waste Scotland’s Chief Executive, Iain Gulland commented: “Scotland is at the cutting edge of developing a more circular economy – designing products and services to keep materials in use for as long as possible. Businesses are already capitalising on the vast benefits of being circular and, through new business models, are finding untapped opportunities for innovation and increased profitability, whilst addressing the issue of resource pressures.
“The Circular Tayside initiative follows a recent research study commissioned by Zero Waste Scotland that has identified significant economic savings that could be made by Tayside businesses adopting circular economy opportunities.”
The Circular Tayside programme will aim to raise awareness of circular economy business opportunities, facilitate upskilling and collaboration amongst local businesses and provide free consultancy support to help businesses capitalise on local projects, including helping businesses access project funding of up to £1m.
Vicki Unite, Chief Executive at Perthshire Chamber of Commerce welcomed the news: “This is a great opportunity for Perthshire and the sustainability of our business community. The Chamber is excited to be playing a key role in helping local SMEs access the free support and funding that will be available when the programme launches this spring.”
“A number of local circular economy opportunities have been identified, with significant financial rewards and, ahead of the programme’s launch, the Chamber would like to hear from the local business community - to get their views on how these opportunities could be taken forward. We’ll be holding consultation events in April, and encourage anyone with an interest in this exciting area to get involved”.
The first event is scheduled for Wednesday 25th April at Perth Theatre and members and non-members are welcome. For more information and bookings please follow this link.
Benefits are already being seen with Perthshire Chamber members having been invited to tender for design, website and print work last week.
Perthshire Chamber is also keen to hear from any business leaders or circular economy enthusiasts who would like to be part of the Ambassador programme in the local area. If you would like to participate in events, be a spokesperson for Circular Tayside and carry the messages about the programme to the wider business community, please contact Perthshire Chamber of Commerce - we'd love to hear from you.
To find out more about the Circular Tayside programme and to take part in the consultation, contact the Perthshire of Commerce on 01738 448325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 tips for successful Christmas arrangements for separated families
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
- Grand Day at Gleneagles for Chamber Golf Day