New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
Businesses in Perthshire are set to enjoy the benefits of the circular economy with the launch of a new support programme next month. ‘Circular Tayside’ is a joint initiative being delivered by Zero Waste Scotland, Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce and environmental consultancy Ricardo Energy and Environment.
The news follows last month’s announcement that Scotland has been selected as 2018’s host nation for Circular Economy Hotspot - a major international business event and trade mission that will showcase Scotland’s progressive approach to developing a circular economy, and our burgeoning circular business successes, to a global audience.
Speaking about the Circular Tayside programme, which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and will specifically provide free support to local small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs), Zero Waste Scotland’s Chief Executive, Iain Gulland commented: “Scotland is at the cutting edge of developing a more circular economy – designing products and services to keep materials in use for as long as possible. Businesses are already capitalising on the vast benefits of being circular and, through new business models, are finding untapped opportunities for innovation and increased profitability, whilst addressing the issue of resource pressures.
“The Circular Tayside initiative follows a recent research study commissioned by Zero Waste Scotland that has identified significant economic savings that could be made by Tayside businesses adopting circular economy opportunities.”
The Circular Tayside programme will aim to raise awareness of circular economy business opportunities, facilitate upskilling and collaboration amongst local businesses and provide free consultancy support to help businesses capitalise on local projects, including helping businesses access project funding of up to £1m.
Vicki Unite, Chief Executive at Perthshire Chamber of Commerce welcomed the news: “This is a great opportunity for Perthshire and the sustainability of our business community. The Chamber is excited to be playing a key role in helping local SMEs access the free support and funding that will be available when the programme launches this spring.”
“A number of local circular economy opportunities have been identified, with significant financial rewards and, ahead of the programme’s launch, the Chamber would like to hear from the local business community - to get their views on how these opportunities could be taken forward. We’ll be holding consultation events in April, and encourage anyone with an interest in this exciting area to get involved”.
The first event is scheduled for Wednesday 25th April at Perth Theatre and members and non-members are welcome. For more information and bookings please follow this link.
Benefits are already being seen with Perthshire Chamber members having been invited to tender for design, website and print work last week.
Perthshire Chamber is also keen to hear from any business leaders or circular economy enthusiasts who would like to be part of the Ambassador programme in the local area. If you would like to participate in events, be a spokesperson for Circular Tayside and carry the messages about the programme to the wider business community, please contact Perthshire Chamber of Commerce - we'd love to hear from you.
To find out more about the Circular Tayside programme and to take part in the consultation, contact the Perthshire of Commerce on 01738 448325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Thursday 12th November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 11th November 2020
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Scot Gov COVID Update: Perth and Kinross Tier Three from Friday 13th Nov 2020