New Micro Enterprise Fund
A new grant scheme to support microbusinesses in Perth and Kinross launches on Monday 17th May.
The Perth & Kinross Micro Enterprise Fund has been designed to support businesses that employ fewer than 10 people, whether they are just starting out or looking to grow.
Awards of up to £1,000 can be made and the money can be used for a range of purposes such as the purchase of equipment, product or market development or commercial property development or acquisition.
Money can also be used to develop e-commerce platforms, digital transformation activities, marketing or as leverage for co-finance to secure additional investment.
The grants can used to cover up to 90% of eligible costs.
Sole traders, community groups, social enterprises and co-operatives are all eligible to apply and the only business sectors excluded are betting shops, gambling-related activities and off-licences.
The scheme is open to all businesses in Perth and Kinross who meet the above criteria.
Council leader Councillor Murray Lyle said: “Small businesses will be critical in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. “Around 60% of Scots are employed by small to medium-sized enterprises and, as such, microbusinesses are key to our economy.
“Whether it is a boutique shop, a café or a new business just getting started, these grants will help firms develop as we move out of the pandemic and so I am delighted the Council is able to administer these grants and help start our economic recovery.”
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY
- 5 Employment Law Seminars in 5 Days
- Proposed Development at West Kinfauns