New Micro Enterprise Fund
A new grant scheme to support microbusinesses in Perth and Kinross launches on Monday 17th May.
The Perth & Kinross Micro Enterprise Fund has been designed to support businesses that employ fewer than 10 people, whether they are just starting out or looking to grow.
Awards of up to £1,000 can be made and the money can be used for a range of purposes such as the purchase of equipment, product or market development or commercial property development or acquisition.
Money can also be used to develop e-commerce platforms, digital transformation activities, marketing or as leverage for co-finance to secure additional investment.
The grants can used to cover up to 90% of eligible costs.
Sole traders, community groups, social enterprises and co-operatives are all eligible to apply and the only business sectors excluded are betting shops, gambling-related activities and off-licences.
The scheme is open to all businesses in Perth and Kinross who meet the above criteria.
Council leader Councillor Murray Lyle said: “Small businesses will be critical in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. “Around 60% of Scots are employed by small to medium-sized enterprises and, as such, microbusinesses are key to our economy.
“Whether it is a boutique shop, a café or a new business just getting started, these grants will help firms develop as we move out of the pandemic and so I am delighted the Council is able to administer these grants and help start our economic recovery.”
- Scotland aiming to lift Covid restrictions by 9th August
- Scottish Chamber of Commerce: National Security and Investment Act Policy Update
- Scottish Chamber of Commerce: Strategic Framework & Office Re-opening Policy Update
- Hospitality legend retiring after six decades
- Lindsays: The Point of Return
- Blackadders: Electronic Communications Code
- Social Enterprise Awards Scotland
- Stagecoach teams up with NHS in Scotland to offer discounted bus travel to Scotland’s key workers
- Blackadders: Planning and Innovating in the Rural Hospitality Sector
- Bounce Back Into Business With Free PR and Marketing Package
- Scottish lockdown easing ‘likely’ to be delayed until July
- Take part in the China International Import Expo
- VisitScotland Gaelic Toolkit Launched
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund
- Cultural Organisations and Arts Venues Funding Round 2
- Thimblerow Development Brief Consultation
- Significant New Appointment in Azets Aberdeen Office
- Carbon Webinars are ON THE BALL!
- New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
- Green Jobs Funding Call
- £26 Million For Digital Skills
- Test and Protect Update on COVID-19 Testing
- Glenalmond College - Virtual Open Day, June 19th
- Lindsays: The Right To Disconnect