New Micro Enterprise Fund
A new grant scheme to support microbusinesses in Perth and Kinross launches on Monday 17th May.
The Perth & Kinross Micro Enterprise Fund has been designed to support businesses that employ fewer than 10 people, whether they are just starting out or looking to grow.
Awards of up to £1,000 can be made and the money can be used for a range of purposes such as the purchase of equipment, product or market development or commercial property development or acquisition.
Money can also be used to develop e-commerce platforms, digital transformation activities, marketing or as leverage for co-finance to secure additional investment.
The grants can used to cover up to 90% of eligible costs.
Sole traders, community groups, social enterprises and co-operatives are all eligible to apply and the only business sectors excluded are betting shops, gambling-related activities and off-licences.
The scheme is open to all businesses in Perth and Kinross who meet the above criteria.
Council leader Councillor Murray Lyle said: “Small businesses will be critical in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. “Around 60% of Scots are employed by small to medium-sized enterprises and, as such, microbusinesses are key to our economy.
“Whether it is a boutique shop, a café or a new business just getting started, these grants will help firms develop as we move out of the pandemic and so I am delighted the Council is able to administer these grants and help start our economic recovery.”
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels welcomes Drummond Arms Hotel as associated hotel
- Businesses boost Perth Show's virtual showcase
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer