New Micro Enterprise Fund
A new grant scheme to support microbusinesses in Perth and Kinross launches on Monday 17th May.
The Perth & Kinross Micro Enterprise Fund has been designed to support businesses that employ fewer than 10 people, whether they are just starting out or looking to grow.
Awards of up to £1,000 can be made and the money can be used for a range of purposes such as the purchase of equipment, product or market development or commercial property development or acquisition.
Money can also be used to develop e-commerce platforms, digital transformation activities, marketing or as leverage for co-finance to secure additional investment.
The grants can used to cover up to 90% of eligible costs.
Sole traders, community groups, social enterprises and co-operatives are all eligible to apply and the only business sectors excluded are betting shops, gambling-related activities and off-licences.
The scheme is open to all businesses in Perth and Kinross who meet the above criteria.
Council leader Councillor Murray Lyle said: “Small businesses will be critical in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. “Around 60% of Scots are employed by small to medium-sized enterprises and, as such, microbusinesses are key to our economy.
“Whether it is a boutique shop, a café or a new business just getting started, these grants will help firms develop as we move out of the pandemic and so I am delighted the Council is able to administer these grants and help start our economic recovery.”
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax