New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
Business leaders, academics and economists have been appointed to a new advisory council to help shape a 10-year National Strategy to drive Scotland’s economic transformation as the country recovers from coronavirus and transitions to a net zero economy.
A statement from the Scottish Government explained that it plans to help unleash entrepreneurial potential and grow Scotland’s competitive business base, prioritising investment in the industries of the future.
Chaired by Cabinet Secretary Kate Forbes, the Advisory Council consists of 17 members who will work over the summer and early autumn to put forward bold ideas on how to transform the Scottish economy.
Businesses, people and stakeholders across Scotland are also being encouraged to share their views on how the country can work together to deliver greater, greener and fairer prosperity.
The full strategy is expected to publish in the late autumn. After the strategy is published later this year, a smaller group of Advisory Council members will be asked to oversee its implementation.
Members of the public and stakeholders are invited to share their views, suggestions and opinions on the development of the National Strategy For Economic Transformation over the next eight weeks.
Scottish Chambers of Commerce will be making a submission to the consultation. If you wish to contribute or share your views, please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels welcomes Drummond Arms Hotel as associated hotel
- Businesses boost Perth Show's virtual showcase
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer