New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
Business leaders, academics and economists have been appointed to a new advisory council to help shape a 10-year National Strategy to drive Scotland’s economic transformation as the country recovers from coronavirus and transitions to a net zero economy.
A statement from the Scottish Government explained that it plans to help unleash entrepreneurial potential and grow Scotland’s competitive business base, prioritising investment in the industries of the future.
Chaired by Cabinet Secretary Kate Forbes, the Advisory Council consists of 17 members who will work over the summer and early autumn to put forward bold ideas on how to transform the Scottish economy.
Businesses, people and stakeholders across Scotland are also being encouraged to share their views on how the country can work together to deliver greater, greener and fairer prosperity.
The full strategy is expected to publish in the late autumn. After the strategy is published later this year, a smaller group of Advisory Council members will be asked to oversee its implementation.
Members of the public and stakeholders are invited to share their views, suggestions and opinions on the development of the National Strategy For Economic Transformation over the next eight weeks.
Scottish Chambers of Commerce will be making a submission to the consultation. If you wish to contribute or share your views, please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Deepen Dubai Connections at Landmark Bi-lateral Chamber Exchange
- COVID-19 Booster Programme
- First Minister’s COVID-19 Omicron Variant Briefing 10:30am 29/11/2021
- 'Back for the Future' Business Star Awards
- Scottish business taking green energy message to the world
- SCC respond to Scottish Government COVID-19 update
- PEST CONTROL FIRM TEES-UP NEW ROLE
- Scotland is Open
- Stagecoach announces free travel for veterans and military personnel across the UK on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels celebrates staff with a smile
- Perth based Carbon Financial is celebrating a landmark industry accolade
- Scottish Careers Week: 'Shape The Future' Webinar
- SCC Network - QEI Update
- Macnabs Will Aid Fundraising Event
- Pitlochry care home gets into the Autumn spirit with its own Tattie Bogle and a visit from Yarn Bombers
- KILMAC SPREADING ITS WINGS
- SCC Reaction to UK Budget 2021
- Plans for £33.8 million leisure-led development at Perthshire submitted to the Council
- Stephen Leckie honoured with HIT Industry Award 2021
- Thorntons Recruit Five New Solicitors
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club