New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
Firstport and Social Enterprise Scotland has launched a new Catalyst Fund offering £50,000 loans to support social enterprises to start and scale their businesses.
The Catalyst Fund offers loans using a flexible, revenue-based repayment model. This model enables social enterprises flexibility in their early stages of development and fills a gap in the existing social investment framework.
The Catalyst Fund repayments are based upon a percentage of the trading income earned by the enterprise, aiming to make it more flexible. There is no specific length of term – revenue-based repayments continue until an agreed amount is repaid. This form of repayment means the Catalyst Fund aims to be aligned with the growth of the enterprise, meaning they can prioritise growth and impact.
Revenue-based financing is growing in popularity as an alternative to more traditional mechanisms to help companies grow and the Catalyst Fund is the first to use this model to finance social enterprises in Scotland.
The fund has been made possible by a £15 million investment from the Scottish Government . It aims to complement existing Scottish social enterprise support and funding to build on the current ambition of the sector.
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Baseline Employment Analysis and Skills Pathways for the Circular Economy in Scotland.
- STAGECOACH EAST SCOTLAND NAMED ‘PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATOR’ OF THE YEAR FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING
- Online event: 17 Nov, 1100-1200. Organised by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Circular Tayside. Circular Tayside organisations: adapting to COVID-19 Restrictions.
- BlueSky Experiences launch new ground breaking virtual team building game: The Virtual Supply Chain!
- DC Thomson Media Events - Upcoming Conferences - Register your free place now
- Circular Tayside: Live webinars – Consultation on restrictions to single-use plastics
- Thorntons Employment Law Webinar: Managing Employees Remotely
- New immigration rules looming as Brexit approaches
- Gov.Scot (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Circular Tayside: Food Redistribution Matchmaking Service from Zero Waste Scotland
- From Piste to Perthshire: Gleneagles launches Winter Playground Passes
- Eight Trainees Secure Permanent Positions with Thorntons
- Tayside Mountain Rescue Funds Boosted by £10,000 Donation
- Diversifying Your Employment for an Inclusive Perth
- Alm College Virtual Open Lecture Event: Basic Income - Security in a time of Pandemic
- Thorntons Charity Wills Campaign goes virtual for 2020
- Landlord Webinar: Covid19, Where are we now and what next for landlords?
- The Glenturret, Scotland’s Oldest Working Distillery launches its new range
- Circular Tayside Charter