New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
Firstport and Social Enterprise Scotland has launched a new Catalyst Fund offering £50,000 loans to support social enterprises to start and scale their businesses.
The Catalyst Fund offers loans using a flexible, revenue-based repayment model. This model enables social enterprises flexibility in their early stages of development and fills a gap in the existing social investment framework.
The Catalyst Fund repayments are based upon a percentage of the trading income earned by the enterprise, aiming to make it more flexible. There is no specific length of term – revenue-based repayments continue until an agreed amount is repaid. This form of repayment means the Catalyst Fund aims to be aligned with the growth of the enterprise, meaning they can prioritise growth and impact.
Revenue-based financing is growing in popularity as an alternative to more traditional mechanisms to help companies grow and the Catalyst Fund is the first to use this model to finance social enterprises in Scotland.
The fund has been made possible by a £15 million investment from the Scottish Government . It aims to complement existing Scottish social enterprise support and funding to build on the current ambition of the sector.
- Climate action challenge counts on Johnston Carmichael for support
- Establishing Green Ports
- Foresight Scottish Growth Fund
- Scotland Coach Operators COVID19 Business Support and Continuity Fund Strand 2 – Applications Now Open
- Scotland aiming to lift Covid restrictions by 9th August
- Scottish Chamber of Commerce: National Security and Investment Act Policy Update
- Scottish Chamber of Commerce: Strategic Framework & Office Re-opening Policy Update
- Hospitality legend retiring after six decades
- Lindsays: The Point of Return
- Blackadders: Electronic Communications Code
- Social Enterprise Awards Scotland
- Stagecoach teams up with NHS in Scotland to offer discounted bus travel to Scotland’s key workers
- Blackadders: Planning and Innovating in the Rural Hospitality Sector
- Bounce Back Into Business With Free PR and Marketing Package
- Scottish lockdown easing ‘likely’ to be delayed until July
- Take part in the China International Import Expo
- VisitScotland Gaelic Toolkit Launched
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund
- Cultural Organisations and Arts Venues Funding Round 2
- Thimblerow Development Brief Consultation
- Significant New Appointment in Azets Aberdeen Office
- Carbon Webinars are ON THE BALL!
- New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
- Green Jobs Funding Call