New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
Firstport and Social Enterprise Scotland has launched a new Catalyst Fund offering £50,000 loans to support social enterprises to start and scale their businesses.
The Catalyst Fund offers loans using a flexible, revenue-based repayment model. This model enables social enterprises flexibility in their early stages of development and fills a gap in the existing social investment framework.
The Catalyst Fund repayments are based upon a percentage of the trading income earned by the enterprise, aiming to make it more flexible. There is no specific length of term – revenue-based repayments continue until an agreed amount is repaid. This form of repayment means the Catalyst Fund aims to be aligned with the growth of the enterprise, meaning they can prioritise growth and impact.
Revenue-based financing is growing in popularity as an alternative to more traditional mechanisms to help companies grow and the Catalyst Fund is the first to use this model to finance social enterprises in Scotland.
The fund has been made possible by a £15 million investment from the Scottish Government . It aims to complement existing Scottish social enterprise support and funding to build on the current ambition of the sector.
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters
- Star Sponsors Revealed
- Business Star Finalists 2017 Announced
- Grand Day at Gleneagles for Chamber Golf Day
- Business Star Awards 2016 - The Results!
- Business finalists selected for Star billing