New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
Firstport and Social Enterprise Scotland has launched a new Catalyst Fund offering £50,000 loans to support social enterprises to start and scale their businesses.
The Catalyst Fund offers loans using a flexible, revenue-based repayment model. This model enables social enterprises flexibility in their early stages of development and fills a gap in the existing social investment framework.
The Catalyst Fund repayments are based upon a percentage of the trading income earned by the enterprise, aiming to make it more flexible. There is no specific length of term – revenue-based repayments continue until an agreed amount is repaid. This form of repayment means the Catalyst Fund aims to be aligned with the growth of the enterprise, meaning they can prioritise growth and impact.
Revenue-based financing is growing in popularity as an alternative to more traditional mechanisms to help companies grow and the Catalyst Fund is the first to use this model to finance social enterprises in Scotland.
The fund has been made possible by a £15 million investment from the Scottish Government . It aims to complement existing Scottish social enterprise support and funding to build on the current ambition of the sector.
- UK Government Extends Temporary Insolvency Measures
- Food and Drink Business Training Programme
- Apprentice Employer Grant - Deadline Extended
- Perth & Kinross Council using Trackplot to safeguard lone workers
- Perth College/UHI Food Nutrition & Textiles Students Explore 'Industry Insights'
- Volpa Cements Position as one of Scotland's Leading Comms Agencies
- Better Places Green Recovery Fund Update
- Perth and Kinross Council walk around the world – and then some
- #FlushFest2021: the world’s only menopause festival!
- Operate After Brexit - How to Access Guidance, Support & Advice
- Flonix Welcomes New Apprentice
- Scottish Government Daily Update 24th March 2021
- £25 Million Announced for Scottish Tourism Recovery
- Increased Funding Announced for Young Persons Guarantee
- Scotland's Train Operator, Scotrail, to be Nationalised
- Balhousie in Bloom - Balhousie Care Group Garden Competition
- Scottish Government Daily Update 22nd March 2021
- Perth Based Housebuilder Attains 5* Rating
- Business Support Bulletin - Grants & Funding Deadlines, 22nd - 28th March 2021
- Scottish Enterprise to make £4 million available for Green Jobs
- Scottish Government Daily Update 19th March 2021
- Scottish Government - Coronavirus Easing of Restrictions Summary, Tuesday 16th March
- SME Brexit Support Fund Open for Applications
- Scottish Enterprise & AOG Energy - Virtual Mission