New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
Firstport and Social Enterprise Scotland has launched a new Catalyst Fund offering £50,000 loans to support social enterprises to start and scale their businesses.
The Catalyst Fund offers loans using a flexible, revenue-based repayment model. This model enables social enterprises flexibility in their early stages of development and fills a gap in the existing social investment framework.
The Catalyst Fund repayments are based upon a percentage of the trading income earned by the enterprise, aiming to make it more flexible. There is no specific length of term – revenue-based repayments continue until an agreed amount is repaid. This form of repayment means the Catalyst Fund aims to be aligned with the growth of the enterprise, meaning they can prioritise growth and impact.
Revenue-based financing is growing in popularity as an alternative to more traditional mechanisms to help companies grow and the Catalyst Fund is the first to use this model to finance social enterprises in Scotland.
The fund has been made possible by a £15 million investment from the Scottish Government . It aims to complement existing Scottish social enterprise support and funding to build on the current ambition of the sector.
- Invitation: Perth: The most sustainable small city in Europe - what will it take?
- Scottish Government: (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Balhousie Care Group launches new employee benefits programme
- Thorntons: Property market boom shows no signs of stopping
- Supporting Colleagues’ Mental Health Webinar
- Circular Tayside: Biomimicry and Circular Economy, 20th October
- Circular Tayside September Newsletter
- Care home operator finds virtual way to ‘open doors’ to public for tours
- Window Wanderland in Perth, Sat 3rd Oct 2020
- ACS Aviation intensifies training efforts and hires young aircraft engineers
- FREE OFFICE FURNITURE
- Third Circular Tayside Ambassador meeting- 18.09.2020- Circular Tayside Charter
- Trade Body Backing for Graduate Trainee Programme
- Crieff Golf Club Early Bird Membership Offer
- Entrepreneur sees sales of premium curries rocket during pandemic
- Last chance to join Bluesky Experiences Webinar, 30th September
- Gleneagles has launched a new Wild Wellness Package
- Sales Representative vacancy at Balhousie Glazing Ltd, Perth
- How to Facilitate dialogue with staff about mental health & trauma
- Rowan Consultancy has become an Accredited Living Wage Employer
- Innovation workshop with Circular Tayside and Zero Waste Scotland – 1st October
- Supporting Colleagues Mental Wellbeing while WFH and returning to the workplace, by Rowan Consultancy Ltd
- Perthshire care home keeps it all 'in the family' as it employs 13 related staff members
- Chamber Available as Kickstart Scheme Intermediary for those with fewer than 30 Placements