Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
Leading Tayside solicitor and estate agents Miller Hendry has welcomed two newly graduated trainee solicitors, as it continues to expand and strengthen its team in its Dundee and Perth offices.
Edinburgh University law graduate Adam Hoggan has joined Miller Hendry's Dundee office after finishing his studies over the summer. Adam has been joined by fellow trainee Rebecca Coltart, who achieved her LLB at Robert Gordon University before completing her Diploma in Legal Practice at Dundee University. Rebecca will be based in the firm's Perth office.
Both trainees will spend six-month rotations in four different areas of the business over the next two years - Residential Property, Commercial, Court and Private Client, where they have both begun their traineeship. Adam and Rebecca hope this will help them decide which area of the law they would like to specialise in during their career.
Comrie-based Rebecca was attracted to work at Miller Hendry because the firm offers trainee solicitors the opportunity to experience the various specialisms.
She said: "Having recently graduated, I am really excited to join the Miller Hendry team. There are not that many legal firms which give their trainees the opportunity to spend time in each department and try out the different specialisms within the company, so it's a great place to be. You get an idea when you're studying where you might like to specialise, but that could all change over the next two years."
Adam, who is from Forfar originally, added: "Being from the local area, I knew Miller Hendry was a well established firm with a good reputation, so I was keen to apply for a trainee position. It's great being able to learn about the different specialisms during the first two years and I'm currently really enjoying learning more about Private Client work and working on ‘real-life' cases."
John Thom, Chairman of Miller Hendry, commented: "We are delighted to be expanding our legal team welcoming Rebecca and Adam in our Perth and Dundee offices. It is always exciting to recruit newly graduated trainees into the firm and see how they develop during their traineeships. Rebecca and Adam's arrival marks another period of expansion for our business as we continue to meet growing client demand."
Pictured: Rebecca Coltart and Adam Hoggan with Chairman John Thom (right).
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy
- SCC Comment ahead of 2nd Meaningful Vote
- The Enchanted Forest featured in leading guide book series
- Are Ubers drivers considered to be workers?
- GP Sustainability Loan Fund
- The importance of professional photos in Estate Agency
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- Brexit Update
- STAGECOACH BOOSTS PERTHSHIRE INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES BY GETTING ON BOARD WITH MI REWARDS INITIATIVE
- There’s still time to top-up your State Pension
- Government proposals to extend legal protections for pregnant women and new mothers
- Thorntons Employment Law Update
- TEMPERATURES RISE AS BUSINESSES TACKLE THE MENOPAUSE AT WORK
- ARCHIE FOUNDATION SPRING BALL TABLES AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Record £62k sum raised for Cash for Kids
- University of Dundee to provide new Graduate Apprenticeship opportunities
- POLITICAL UNCERTAINTY AND COST PRESSURES TAKING TOLL ON SCOTTISH ECONOMY
- Scone Palace going to the dogs for a day as it launches exclusive four-legged event
- Castle Water agrees new four-year finance facilities
- ARCHIE Foundation looking for cyclists to join record-breaker Mark Beaumont on fundraising adventure