Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
Leading Tayside solicitor and estate agents Miller Hendry has welcomed two newly graduated trainee solicitors, as it continues to expand and strengthen its team in its Dundee and Perth offices.
Edinburgh University law graduate Adam Hoggan has joined Miller Hendry's Dundee office after finishing his studies over the summer. Adam has been joined by fellow trainee Rebecca Coltart, who achieved her LLB at Robert Gordon University before completing her Diploma in Legal Practice at Dundee University. Rebecca will be based in the firm's Perth office.
Both trainees will spend six-month rotations in four different areas of the business over the next two years - Residential Property, Commercial, Court and Private Client, where they have both begun their traineeship. Adam and Rebecca hope this will help them decide which area of the law they would like to specialise in during their career.
Comrie-based Rebecca was attracted to work at Miller Hendry because the firm offers trainee solicitors the opportunity to experience the various specialisms.
She said: "Having recently graduated, I am really excited to join the Miller Hendry team. There are not that many legal firms which give their trainees the opportunity to spend time in each department and try out the different specialisms within the company, so it's a great place to be. You get an idea when you're studying where you might like to specialise, but that could all change over the next two years."
Adam, who is from Forfar originally, added: "Being from the local area, I knew Miller Hendry was a well established firm with a good reputation, so I was keen to apply for a trainee position. It's great being able to learn about the different specialisms during the first two years and I'm currently really enjoying learning more about Private Client work and working on ‘real-life' cases."
John Thom, Chairman of Miller Hendry, commented: "We are delighted to be expanding our legal team welcoming Rebecca and Adam in our Perth and Dundee offices. It is always exciting to recruit newly graduated trainees into the firm and see how they develop during their traineeships. Rebecca and Adam's arrival marks another period of expansion for our business as we continue to meet growing client demand."
Pictured: Rebecca Coltart and Adam Hoggan with Chairman John Thom (right).
- The Glenturret, Scotland’s Oldest Working Distillery launches its new range
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 16th Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 15th Oct 2020
- Circular Tayside Charter
- Invitation: Perth: The most sustainable small city in Europe - what will it take?
- Scottish Government Daily Evening Update 13th October 2020
- Scottish Government: (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Balhousie Care Group launches new employee benefits programme
- Thorntons: Property market boom shows no signs of stopping
- BlueSky Experiences : COVID-19 As A Catalyst for Change Webinar 30 September
- Summary of the COVID measures announced today by First Minister (updated 1804)
- SCC Responds to First Minster Speech 20th October 2020
- Supporting Colleagues’ Mental Health Webinar
- Circular Tayside: Biomimicry and Circular Economy, 20th October
- Circular Tayside September Newsletter
- Care home operator finds virtual way to ‘open doors’ to public for tours
- Window Wanderland in Perth, Sat 3rd Oct 2020
- ACS Aviation intensifies training efforts and hires young aircraft engineers
- FREE OFFICE FURNITURE
- Third Circular Tayside Ambassador meeting- 18.09.2020- Circular Tayside Charter
- Trade Body Backing for Graduate Trainee Programme
- Crieff Golf Club Early Bird Membership Offer
- Entrepreneur sees sales of premium curries rocket during pandemic
- Last chance to join Bluesky Experiences Webinar, 30th September