Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
Leading Tayside solicitor and estate agents Miller Hendry has welcomed two newly graduated trainee solicitors, as it continues to expand and strengthen its team in its Dundee and Perth offices.
Edinburgh University law graduate Adam Hoggan has joined Miller Hendry's Dundee office after finishing his studies over the summer. Adam has been joined by fellow trainee Rebecca Coltart, who achieved her LLB at Robert Gordon University before completing her Diploma in Legal Practice at Dundee University. Rebecca will be based in the firm's Perth office.
Both trainees will spend six-month rotations in four different areas of the business over the next two years - Residential Property, Commercial, Court and Private Client, where they have both begun their traineeship. Adam and Rebecca hope this will help them decide which area of the law they would like to specialise in during their career.
Comrie-based Rebecca was attracted to work at Miller Hendry because the firm offers trainee solicitors the opportunity to experience the various specialisms.
She said: "Having recently graduated, I am really excited to join the Miller Hendry team. There are not that many legal firms which give their trainees the opportunity to spend time in each department and try out the different specialisms within the company, so it's a great place to be. You get an idea when you're studying where you might like to specialise, but that could all change over the next two years."
Adam, who is from Forfar originally, added: "Being from the local area, I knew Miller Hendry was a well established firm with a good reputation, so I was keen to apply for a trainee position. It's great being able to learn about the different specialisms during the first two years and I'm currently really enjoying learning more about Private Client work and working on ‘real-life' cases."
John Thom, Chairman of Miller Hendry, commented: "We are delighted to be expanding our legal team welcoming Rebecca and Adam in our Perth and Dundee offices. It is always exciting to recruit newly graduated trainees into the firm and see how they develop during their traineeships. Rebecca and Adam's arrival marks another period of expansion for our business as we continue to meet growing client demand."
Pictured: Rebecca Coltart and Adam Hoggan with Chairman John Thom (right).
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021