Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
Leading Tayside solicitor and estate agents Miller Hendry has welcomed two newly graduated trainee solicitors, as it continues to expand and strengthen its team in its Dundee and Perth offices.
Edinburgh University law graduate Adam Hoggan has joined Miller Hendry's Dundee office after finishing his studies over the summer. Adam has been joined by fellow trainee Rebecca Coltart, who achieved her LLB at Robert Gordon University before completing her Diploma in Legal Practice at Dundee University. Rebecca will be based in the firm's Perth office.
Both trainees will spend six-month rotations in four different areas of the business over the next two years - Residential Property, Commercial, Court and Private Client, where they have both begun their traineeship. Adam and Rebecca hope this will help them decide which area of the law they would like to specialise in during their career.
Comrie-based Rebecca was attracted to work at Miller Hendry because the firm offers trainee solicitors the opportunity to experience the various specialisms.
She said: "Having recently graduated, I am really excited to join the Miller Hendry team. There are not that many legal firms which give their trainees the opportunity to spend time in each department and try out the different specialisms within the company, so it's a great place to be. You get an idea when you're studying where you might like to specialise, but that could all change over the next two years."
Adam, who is from Forfar originally, added: "Being from the local area, I knew Miller Hendry was a well established firm with a good reputation, so I was keen to apply for a trainee position. It's great being able to learn about the different specialisms during the first two years and I'm currently really enjoying learning more about Private Client work and working on ‘real-life' cases."
John Thom, Chairman of Miller Hendry, commented: "We are delighted to be expanding our legal team welcoming Rebecca and Adam in our Perth and Dundee offices. It is always exciting to recruit newly graduated trainees into the firm and see how they develop during their traineeships. Rebecca and Adam's arrival marks another period of expansion for our business as we continue to meet growing client demand."
Pictured: Rebecca Coltart and Adam Hoggan with Chairman John Thom (right).
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax