Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
Leading Tayside solicitor and estate agents Miller Hendry has welcomed two newly graduated trainee solicitors, as it continues to expand and strengthen its team in its Dundee and Perth offices.
Edinburgh University law graduate Adam Hoggan has joined Miller Hendry's Dundee office after finishing his studies over the summer. Adam has been joined by fellow trainee Rebecca Coltart, who achieved her LLB at Robert Gordon University before completing her Diploma in Legal Practice at Dundee University. Rebecca will be based in the firm's Perth office.
Both trainees will spend six-month rotations in four different areas of the business over the next two years - Residential Property, Commercial, Court and Private Client, where they have both begun their traineeship. Adam and Rebecca hope this will help them decide which area of the law they would like to specialise in during their career.
Comrie-based Rebecca was attracted to work at Miller Hendry because the firm offers trainee solicitors the opportunity to experience the various specialisms.
She said: "Having recently graduated, I am really excited to join the Miller Hendry team. There are not that many legal firms which give their trainees the opportunity to spend time in each department and try out the different specialisms within the company, so it's a great place to be. You get an idea when you're studying where you might like to specialise, but that could all change over the next two years."
Adam, who is from Forfar originally, added: "Being from the local area, I knew Miller Hendry was a well established firm with a good reputation, so I was keen to apply for a trainee position. It's great being able to learn about the different specialisms during the first two years and I'm currently really enjoying learning more about Private Client work and working on ‘real-life' cases."
John Thom, Chairman of Miller Hendry, commented: "We are delighted to be expanding our legal team welcoming Rebecca and Adam in our Perth and Dundee offices. It is always exciting to recruit newly graduated trainees into the firm and see how they develop during their traineeships. Rebecca and Adam's arrival marks another period of expansion for our business as we continue to meet growing client demand."
Pictured: Rebecca Coltart and Adam Hoggan with Chairman John Thom (right).
- Don’t confine Powers of Attorney to the elderly – businesses need them too
- Food sustainability takes centre stage at Scottish Game Fair 2019
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Have a Power of Attorney
- Scone Palace to host "spectacular" Scottish Axe Throwing Open this weekend
- Kiltwalk 2019
- Etape Caledonia Supports Lifesaving Work Of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)
- Enchanted Forest Community Trust makes record number of awards to a raft of worthy projects throughout Highland Perthshire
- Scottish business confidence rebounds in April
- Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery ‘goes public’ with its Secret Bar
- Brexit Amplifies Business Slowdown In Scottish Economy
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Tay
- Menopause Festival to highlight the opportunities of 'third stage of life'
- Scottish Game Fair Receives "Staggering" Response from Traders
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Eleven Top Industry Awards
- Business Confidence dips in Scotland
- Stagecoach appoints new managing director of East Scotland bus operations
- Scone Palace opens its doors for an exciting 2019 tourist season
- Tools & Resources to Prepare for Brexit
- The Old Manse of Blair unveils new restaurant: The Orangery
- Dunkeld House Hotel Continues Investment
- Castle Water Reveals New Brand
- Crieff Hydro Tops For Families Says Bestselling Travel Guide
- SATISFACTION AMONG STAGECOACH BUS PASSENGERS IN SCOTLAND RISES TO 92%
- The Enchanted Forest delivers £7.6million shot in the arm to Perthshire economy