Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
Leading Tayside solicitor and estate agents Miller Hendry has welcomed two newly graduated trainee solicitors, as it continues to expand and strengthen its team in its Dundee and Perth offices.
Edinburgh University law graduate Adam Hoggan has joined Miller Hendry's Dundee office after finishing his studies over the summer. Adam has been joined by fellow trainee Rebecca Coltart, who achieved her LLB at Robert Gordon University before completing her Diploma in Legal Practice at Dundee University. Rebecca will be based in the firm's Perth office.
Both trainees will spend six-month rotations in four different areas of the business over the next two years - Residential Property, Commercial, Court and Private Client, where they have both begun their traineeship. Adam and Rebecca hope this will help them decide which area of the law they would like to specialise in during their career.
Comrie-based Rebecca was attracted to work at Miller Hendry because the firm offers trainee solicitors the opportunity to experience the various specialisms.
She said: "Having recently graduated, I am really excited to join the Miller Hendry team. There are not that many legal firms which give their trainees the opportunity to spend time in each department and try out the different specialisms within the company, so it's a great place to be. You get an idea when you're studying where you might like to specialise, but that could all change over the next two years."
Adam, who is from Forfar originally, added: "Being from the local area, I knew Miller Hendry was a well established firm with a good reputation, so I was keen to apply for a trainee position. It's great being able to learn about the different specialisms during the first two years and I'm currently really enjoying learning more about Private Client work and working on ‘real-life' cases."
John Thom, Chairman of Miller Hendry, commented: "We are delighted to be expanding our legal team welcoming Rebecca and Adam in our Perth and Dundee offices. It is always exciting to recruit newly graduated trainees into the firm and see how they develop during their traineeships. Rebecca and Adam's arrival marks another period of expansion for our business as we continue to meet growing client demand."
Pictured: Rebecca Coltart and Adam Hoggan with Chairman John Thom (right).
- Binn Group provide mental health support for male-dominated workforce
- Judge me not for my convictions
- Thorntons starts 2019 with two new partner promotions
- 5 tips for successful Christmas arrangements for separated families
- Data Protection Recap & Review
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce Responds to UK Budget
- SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE SURVEY ILLUSTRATES ROBUST TRADING PERFORMANCE, BUT MANUFACTURING CONFIDENCE AND OVERALL INVESTMENT FALL AMID RISING MATERIAL COSTS AND UNCERTAIN POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN SCOTLAND DIPS
- Bootcamp for companies new to Trading Internationally - Perth
- Scottish Chambers of Commerce comment on Scotland’s GDP Figures and Inflation
- Stagecoach and St Johnstone Team Up for Discounted Match Day Travel
- SCC comment on MAC Report on International Student Migration & Labour Market Figures
- Circular Tayside - GET A FREE ASSESSMENT TO FUTURE PROOF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sleepover case could save employers millions
- Don’t miss out on Graduate Apprenticeship benefits, says Perth and Kinross Council
- Scottish Chambers Comments on Scotland’s GDP for Q1 2018
- New Live Active Leisure Membership Benefit
- Breakfast Briefing - Introducing Circular Tayside
- CHINESE AMBASSADOR TELLS SCOTTISH BUSINESS IT’S TIME FOR ACTION
- Circular Economy Survey - please help us
- New support programme to help Perthshire businesses capitalise on £2.4 million worth of local circular economy opportunities
- Smiles All Round for Perthshire's Top Business
- Star Award Scene Setters