Miller Hendry expands and strengthens legal team in Perth and Dundee with two new recruits
Leading Tayside solicitor and estate agents Miller Hendry has welcomed two newly graduated trainee solicitors, as it continues to expand and strengthen its team in its Dundee and Perth offices.
Edinburgh University law graduate Adam Hoggan has joined Miller Hendry's Dundee office after finishing his studies over the summer. Adam has been joined by fellow trainee Rebecca Coltart, who achieved her LLB at Robert Gordon University before completing her Diploma in Legal Practice at Dundee University. Rebecca will be based in the firm's Perth office.
Both trainees will spend six-month rotations in four different areas of the business over the next two years - Residential Property, Commercial, Court and Private Client, where they have both begun their traineeship. Adam and Rebecca hope this will help them decide which area of the law they would like to specialise in during their career.
Comrie-based Rebecca was attracted to work at Miller Hendry because the firm offers trainee solicitors the opportunity to experience the various specialisms.
She said: "Having recently graduated, I am really excited to join the Miller Hendry team. There are not that many legal firms which give their trainees the opportunity to spend time in each department and try out the different specialisms within the company, so it's a great place to be. You get an idea when you're studying where you might like to specialise, but that could all change over the next two years."
Adam, who is from Forfar originally, added: "Being from the local area, I knew Miller Hendry was a well established firm with a good reputation, so I was keen to apply for a trainee position. It's great being able to learn about the different specialisms during the first two years and I'm currently really enjoying learning more about Private Client work and working on ‘real-life' cases."
John Thom, Chairman of Miller Hendry, commented: "We are delighted to be expanding our legal team welcoming Rebecca and Adam in our Perth and Dundee offices. It is always exciting to recruit newly graduated trainees into the firm and see how they develop during their traineeships. Rebecca and Adam's arrival marks another period of expansion for our business as we continue to meet growing client demand."
Pictured: Rebecca Coltart and Adam Hoggan with Chairman John Thom (right).
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 18th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Received Friday 15
- Latest Scottish Government Daily Update Received Thursday 14th January 2021
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Scottish Government Daily Update : Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Tuesday 12th January 2021
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 11th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 8th January 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Thursday 7th January 2021
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum
- The Malting House Dundee design studio comes of age
- Circular Tayside: Take a look at this inspiring Triple A plan from the MDG group that covers sustainability and circular economy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update - Wednesday 6th January 2021
- Tippermuir Books has the pleasure of being the publisher for The Black Watch & the Great War.
- Senior promotions at Thorntons Solicitors
- SCOTTISH SMEs REMAIN COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY DESPITE COVID-19
- PKC Place Management Team: FAO Independent Retailers, Restaurants and Public Facing Businesses in Perth and Kinross. 6 Jan 2021.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 5th December 2020