Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
Exhibit at Meet the Buyer
Are you a public sector buyer - or - do you have a supply chain with opportunities for SMEs to engage in?
Meet the Buyer 2021 aims to connect the Scottish business base with senior procurers, decision-makers and influencers from across local and central government and the wider public sector. Partnered by the Scottish Government and Scotland Excel, the event is on 8 June 2021 as a virtual event . The theme is, “Open and Connected Procurement,” and is projected to attract 2,500+ businesses. Meet the Buyer 2021 is designed to allow buyers to engage with suppliers in Scotland that are looking to enter into, or grow their share of, the £12.6bn Scottish public procurement market and contribute to community wealth building in Scotland.
The Supplier Development Programme organises Meet the Buyer annually to support the public sector by addressing the key challenges faced by buyers and Tier 1 contractors, including:
- Demonstrating a commitment to meeting the Scottish Government’s Sustainable Procurement Duty in a measurable way
- Participating in sustainable public procurement and achieving efficiency and social value
- Innovating procurement and maximising the impact of pre-engagement
- Unlocking the potential of digital, technology and data for future procurement
- Attracting, expanding and developing local supply chains
If you are a public sector buyer or a Tier 1 contractor and you wish to engage with the Scottish supply base for your upcoming contract opportunities, you could benefit from taking advantage of one of the exhibition and sponsorship packages that are available to suit all budgets. Meet the Buyer is the largest free procurement event of its kind in Scotland - can you afford to miss out? To learn more, call the SDP Team on 01698 454 889 or email email@example.com.
Other Exhibition Opportunities
Unlike most exhibition events, the essence of exhibitions is to "meet the buyer" to promote your business's goods, services and works in a unique "reverse expo" set up on the day - i.e. the buyer hosts an exhibition space, and your business makes your way around to meet them face-to-face to introduce yourself and discuss upcoming opportunities.
If you are not a public sector buyer or a Tier 1 contractor, and you want to take an exhibition at Meet the Buyer to raise your business's profile to buyers and suppliers in attendance, please note that you are advised to attend - for free - to "meet the buyer" on the day. Please register for free and follow SDP's easy steps to prepare for Meet the Buyer. Exhibition space for non-buyers are only available as part of a paid sponsorship package, at the discretion of SDP. Private training companies are not eligible to sponsor or exhibit at Meet the Buyer, but are normally welcome to take paid advertising space, if available, in the printed Meet the Buyer programme - however, a printed programme will not be produced for the 2021 virtual event.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
You must be logged in as an approved Buyer to book an exhibition.
- Outbound Travel Agents Support Fund
- Cost of filling diesel family car hits record £90
- UK to phase out Russian oil imports by the end of the year
- UK Export Academy
- Kilmac ensuring the preservation of jobs
- ACS Aviation Pilot Careers and Flight Training Semimar
- Spirit of Perthshire
- Developer and operator appointed for Perthshire Energy from Waste facility
- Graduate Apprentice Christian Williams from Perth is spearheading his employer's drive to Net Zero and helping its clients achieve their sustainability ambitions
- SCC Network Update - Trade with Ukraine, Russia & Belarus
- PERTH businessman John Bryden has won his appeal to the Scottish Government to access Nightclub Closure Fund support
- End of landlord restrictions on unpaid rent could trigger commercial tenant failures
- Scotland's National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Inflation sends UK debt interest payments higher
- All legal restrictions to end on 21 March in Scotland
- Scottish Apprenticeship Week 2022 - Webinars
- Menopause Q&A Session
- The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant in Crieff, Scotland, Awarded a Michelin Star
- Scottish Government – Strategic Framework Update - and SCC comment
- Keep Scotland Beautiful
- Digital Boost Development Grant - further funding available
- Scottish Chamber of Commerce comment on Workplace Parking Levy
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 08 February 2022
- EU Citizens in Scotland campaign