Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
Macnabs, a leading law firm in Perthshire, has once again drafted hundreds of Wills for clients as part of Will Aid, raising over £8000 for charity this year. The firm has participated in the annual Will Aid Scheme for 10 years now, raising an impressive total of £62,511 to date.
Will Aid is a will-writing campaign where lawyers give up their time for free to write Wills for local people, in exchange for a donation to the Will Aid charity which supports ActionAid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, Sightsavers, SCIAF and Trocaire. The Will Aid Scheme takes place across the country every year in November and participating solicitors have raised more than £30m for the Will Aid Charities since it launched 32 years ago.
Partner Alan Roughead commented: "With Will Aid, everyone benefits. Our clients get a professionally drawn-up Will and peace of mind, while charities such as Save the Children receive much-needed donations for their vital work. It is so important for everyone to have a Will, especially if you have children or other family who depend on you financially, and it can also help reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax that might be payable on the value of the property and money you leave behind. This year, due to lockdown, we have had to do things a bit differently, from Zoom and Facetime meetings to asking clients to get their neighbour to witness their Will, but the importance is getting it done. Without a Will you have no control over what will happen to your money, possessions and property after you die, and remember you can always update your Will at a later date if your circumstances change."
Pictured is Alan Roughead, Partner at Macnabs and head of the Private Client Team, along with Katy Williamson from Save the Children ,
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Baseline Employment Analysis and Skills Pathways for the Circular Economy in Scotland.
- STAGECOACH EAST SCOTLAND NAMED ‘PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATOR’ OF THE YEAR FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING
- Online event: 17 Nov, 1100-1200. Organised by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Circular Tayside. Circular Tayside organisations: adapting to COVID-19 Restrictions.
- BlueSky Experiences launch new ground breaking virtual team building game: The Virtual Supply Chain!
- DC Thomson Media Events - Upcoming Conferences - Register your free place now
- Circular Tayside: Live webinars – Consultation on restrictions to single-use plastics
- Thorntons Employment Law Webinar: Managing Employees Remotely
- New immigration rules looming as Brexit approaches
- Gov.Scot (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Circular Tayside: Food Redistribution Matchmaking Service from Zero Waste Scotland
- From Piste to Perthshire: Gleneagles launches Winter Playground Passes
- Eight Trainees Secure Permanent Positions with Thorntons
- Tayside Mountain Rescue Funds Boosted by £10,000 Donation
- Diversifying Your Employment for an Inclusive Perth
- Alm College Virtual Open Lecture Event: Basic Income - Security in a time of Pandemic
- Thorntons Charity Wills Campaign goes virtual for 2020
- Landlord Webinar: Covid19, Where are we now and what next for landlords?
- The Glenturret, Scotland’s Oldest Working Distillery launches its new range
- Circular Tayside Charter