Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
Macnabs, a leading law firm in Perthshire, has once again drafted hundreds of Wills for clients as part of Will Aid, raising over £8000 for charity this year. The firm has participated in the annual Will Aid Scheme for 10 years now, raising an impressive total of £62,511 to date.
Will Aid is a will-writing campaign where lawyers give up their time for free to write Wills for local people, in exchange for a donation to the Will Aid charity which supports ActionAid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, Sightsavers, SCIAF and Trocaire. The Will Aid Scheme takes place across the country every year in November and participating solicitors have raised more than £30m for the Will Aid Charities since it launched 32 years ago.
Partner Alan Roughead commented: "With Will Aid, everyone benefits. Our clients get a professionally drawn-up Will and peace of mind, while charities such as Save the Children receive much-needed donations for their vital work. It is so important for everyone to have a Will, especially if you have children or other family who depend on you financially, and it can also help reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax that might be payable on the value of the property and money you leave behind. This year, due to lockdown, we have had to do things a bit differently, from Zoom and Facetime meetings to asking clients to get their neighbour to witness their Will, but the importance is getting it done. Without a Will you have no control over what will happen to your money, possessions and property after you die, and remember you can always update your Will at a later date if your circumstances change."
Pictured is Alan Roughead, Partner at Macnabs and head of the Private Client Team, along with Katy Williamson from Save the Children ,
- Circular Tayside: Survey highlights Perth and Kinross residents’ concerns over single-use plastics
- Perth College UHI: New Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) allows SMEs to access up to £5,000 worth of training
- Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - A Valuable Local Asset for All
- Circular Tayside : November 2020 Newsletter
- Circular Tayside: Check out this inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s!
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Baseline Employment Analysis and Skills Pathways for the Circular Economy in Scotland.
- STAGECOACH EAST SCOTLAND NAMED ‘PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATOR’ OF THE YEAR FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING
- Online event: 17 Nov, 1100-1200. Organised by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Circular Tayside. Circular Tayside organisations: adapting to COVID-19 Restrictions.