Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
Macnabs, a leading law firm in Perthshire, has once again drafted hundreds of Wills for clients as part of Will Aid, raising over £8000 for charity this year. The firm has participated in the annual Will Aid Scheme for 10 years now, raising an impressive total of £62,511 to date.
Will Aid is a will-writing campaign where lawyers give up their time for free to write Wills for local people, in exchange for a donation to the Will Aid charity which supports ActionAid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, Sightsavers, SCIAF and Trocaire. The Will Aid Scheme takes place across the country every year in November and participating solicitors have raised more than £30m for the Will Aid Charities since it launched 32 years ago.
Partner Alan Roughead commented: "With Will Aid, everyone benefits. Our clients get a professionally drawn-up Will and peace of mind, while charities such as Save the Children receive much-needed donations for their vital work. It is so important for everyone to have a Will, especially if you have children or other family who depend on you financially, and it can also help reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax that might be payable on the value of the property and money you leave behind. This year, due to lockdown, we have had to do things a bit differently, from Zoom and Facetime meetings to asking clients to get their neighbour to witness their Will, but the importance is getting it done. Without a Will you have no control over what will happen to your money, possessions and property after you die, and remember you can always update your Will at a later date if your circumstances change."
Pictured is Alan Roughead, Partner at Macnabs and head of the Private Client Team, along with Katy Williamson from Save the Children ,
- Scottish Government Daily Update 22nd March 2021
- Perth Based Housebuilder Attains 5* Rating
- Business Support Bulletin - Grants & Funding Deadlines, 22nd - 28th March 2021
- Scottish Enterprise to make £4 million available for Green Jobs
- Scottish Government Daily Update 19th March 2021
- Scottish Government - Coronavirus Easing of Restrictions Summary, Tuesday 16th March
- SME Brexit Support Fund Open for Applications
- Scottish Enterprise & AOG Energy - Virtual Mission
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 11th March 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update 10 March 2021
- Are mergers on the cards as a solution for charities?
- Scottish Government Daily Update 09 March 2021
- SCC Network: Campervan and Motorhome Rental Operators Fund
- Scottish Apprenticeships Employer Event with Perth College UHI
- Enchanted Forest Launches Nationwide Search for New Trustees
- Buyer demand remains undiminished
- Business Training and Support Awarded to 40 Heritage Organisations Across Scotland
- £209m funding for Smart sustainable plastic packaging solutions- check it out!
- Pandemic fails to halt growth of property consultancy’s Scottish Division
- Eviction of tenants during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Temperatures Rise as Businesses Tackle the Menopause at Work
- Thorntons: Immigration Webinar: What employers need to know
- Circular Tayside: New Scottish Procurement Policy Note
- Abertay University Short Courses in Digital Business and Managing Transformational Change