Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
Macnabs, a leading law firm in Perthshire, has once again drafted hundreds of Wills for clients as part of Will Aid, raising over £8000 for charity this year. The firm has participated in the annual Will Aid Scheme for 10 years now, raising an impressive total of £62,511 to date.
Will Aid is a will-writing campaign where lawyers give up their time for free to write Wills for local people, in exchange for a donation to the Will Aid charity which supports ActionAid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, Sightsavers, SCIAF and Trocaire. The Will Aid Scheme takes place across the country every year in November and participating solicitors have raised more than £30m for the Will Aid Charities since it launched 32 years ago.
Partner Alan Roughead commented: "With Will Aid, everyone benefits. Our clients get a professionally drawn-up Will and peace of mind, while charities such as Save the Children receive much-needed donations for their vital work. It is so important for everyone to have a Will, especially if you have children or other family who depend on you financially, and it can also help reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax that might be payable on the value of the property and money you leave behind. This year, due to lockdown, we have had to do things a bit differently, from Zoom and Facetime meetings to asking clients to get their neighbour to witness their Will, but the importance is getting it done. Without a Will you have no control over what will happen to your money, possessions and property after you die, and remember you can always update your Will at a later date if your circumstances change."
Pictured is Alan Roughead, Partner at Macnabs and head of the Private Client Team, along with Katy Williamson from Save the Children ,
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline
- Queen's Awards Open for Entries - Perth and Kinross Businesses Urged to Enter
- All Strong Mind & Body Programme Free for Perth & Kinross Residents
- Glenalmond Pupils Trained as Anti-Bullying Ambassadors
- Join BBC Debate Night's HEALTHCARE SPECIAL - Wednesday 7th April 2021
- Law firm reaches £500k fundraising milestone for Cash for Kids
- Scottish Government Daily Update 30th March 2021
- Updated Guardianship Practices During COVID-19: The Way Forward?
- UK Government Extends Temporary Insolvency Measures
- Food and Drink Business Training Programme
- Apprentice Employer Grant - Deadline Extended
- Perth & Kinross Council using Trackplot to safeguard lone workers
- Perth College/UHI Food Nutrition & Textiles Students Explore 'Industry Insights'
- Volpa Cements Position as one of Scotland's Leading Comms Agencies
- Better Places Green Recovery Fund Update
- Perth and Kinross Council walk around the world – and then some