Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
Macnabs, a leading law firm in Perthshire, has once again drafted hundreds of Wills for clients as part of Will Aid, raising over £8000 for charity this year. The firm has participated in the annual Will Aid Scheme for 10 years now, raising an impressive total of £62,511 to date.
Will Aid is a will-writing campaign where lawyers give up their time for free to write Wills for local people, in exchange for a donation to the Will Aid charity which supports ActionAid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, Sightsavers, SCIAF and Trocaire. The Will Aid Scheme takes place across the country every year in November and participating solicitors have raised more than £30m for the Will Aid Charities since it launched 32 years ago.
Partner Alan Roughead commented: "With Will Aid, everyone benefits. Our clients get a professionally drawn-up Will and peace of mind, while charities such as Save the Children receive much-needed donations for their vital work. It is so important for everyone to have a Will, especially if you have children or other family who depend on you financially, and it can also help reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax that might be payable on the value of the property and money you leave behind. This year, due to lockdown, we have had to do things a bit differently, from Zoom and Facetime meetings to asking clients to get their neighbour to witness their Will, but the importance is getting it done. Without a Will you have no control over what will happen to your money, possessions and property after you die, and remember you can always update your Will at a later date if your circumstances change."
Pictured is Alan Roughead, Partner at Macnabs and head of the Private Client Team, along with Katy Williamson from Save the Children ,
- VisitScotland Gaelic Toolkit Launched
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund
- Cultural Organisations and Arts Venues Funding Round 2
- Thimblerow Development Brief Consultation
- Significant New Appointment in Azets Aberdeen Office
- Carbon Webinars are ON THE BALL!
- New £50,000 fund for social enterprises
- Green Jobs Funding Call
- £26 Million For Digital Skills
- Test and Protect Update on COVID-19 Testing
- Glenalmond College - Virtual Open Day, June 19th
- Lindsays: The Right To Disconnect
- Kickstart for Aaron
- Hotel Group Partners With Respitality Scotland
- Bank of Scotland Academy Has Launched
- Grey Matters, The Company Creation Programme
- Aircraft Decommissioning Pathway
- New Managing Partner at Thorntons
- UK set for stronger post-Covid recovery, says OECD
- Deadline to Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - 30th June
- VisitScotland Destination and Sector Marketing Fund - Applications Open
- Macnabs Will Aid Initiative Raises over £8000 for Charity
- First Minister Sets Out Priorities For Government
- Open for Business Fund - Perth & Kinross Council