Local Business Supports Freelancers in Growing Virtual Sector
Paul Ellis, Founder and CEO of Background Support, is based in Blairgowrie with Freelance colleagues in Pitlochry, Edinburgh & Glasgow
Paul founded Background Support in 2019, growing business out of his previous company which provided project management, change management, and morale improvement for various public and private sector organisations.
Background Support offers businesses process management services. This may sound like an unnecessarily grandiose term, but essentially, it’s just about revising, improving (if needs be), and documenting what you do: helping to organise your business systems so that you can scale your business, or just make your day run smoothly.
Over the past year, as virtual and remote working became commonplace, Paul found his own workload and demands on his time were rising as his business began to build and the client list began to grow. At this point, Paul’s thoughts were also with his freelance colleagues, friends and family who worked in industries including; Theatre, Education & Events Management, all of which had been truly devastated by the global pandemic. Paul considered that this workforce, being especially skilled in communication, problem solving and organisation were out there just waiting to be tapped in to.
Fast forward 12 months and Background Support now has a growing roster of skilled freelancers, each one bringing their own unique expertise allowing the company to support a diverse range of clients including; Financial Technology Firms, Legal Training Companies, Insurance Brokers as well as several small, independent businesses. Paul hopes that with this unique model of growth Background Support can continue to grow as a vibrant, personable service which can support Scottish business and nourish local freelance talent.
- Cancellation of The Enchanted Forest 2021
- UK Banking Industry Commits to Access to Cash
- Self-Isolation Support Grant
- Take the Quarterly Economic Indicator!
- Apprentice Transition Plan - Employer Information
- Meet the Buyer - Supplier Development Programme
- Business Feedback Required - Zero Waste Scotland, Green Internship Scheme
- Inspirational Young Person Award - Applications Open
- Alan Titchmarsh backs Balhousie in Bloom
- ‘Extreme’ Social Distancing Rules Risk ‘Irreparably Damaging’ Scotland’s Arts Sector
- BBC Radio 5 Live - Media Opportunity
- Scotland's GDP Grew by 2.3% in Q4 2020
- Celebrations & Pizza for Balhousie Residents
- Furlough Mistakes Could Prove Costly
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund
- Queens Award for Enterprise 2022 - Applications Open
- Call for Businesses to Support India - Covid-19 Support Campaign
- Tay Cities Food and Drink Expo 2021
- TalentScotland, Business Immigration & Visa Support Service
- Scottish Elections - Party Manifesto Summary
- Marine Fund Scotland - Open Now
- Bus Drivers Rewarded in Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving Scheme
- Carrick Management welcomes new employees through Kickstart Scheme
- Perth Autism Support - 5K MAY