Law firm reaches £500k fundraising milestone for Cash for Kids
Thorntons took its annual Charity Wills Campaign online for 2020 and with the November campaign raising £60,000 for Cash for Kids, it means the total campaign fundraising pot has surpassed £500,000 since Charity Wills began more than 20 years ago.
Every Charity Wills month, Thorntons will write or update a Will and, rather than charge a fee, ask for an equivalent donation to the charity Cash for Kids. The most recent Charity Wills month was rather different as, due to restrictions, all appointments took place via video to keep clients and Thorntons’ employees safe.
Benefiting from this Cash for Kids funding in Perth this year included a young boy with autism and limited mobility. The donation funded a specialist buggy for the young boy which allowed him to continue exploring outdoors with friends.
Graham Lambert, Wills, Trusts and Succession Planning Senior Solicitor at Thorntons, said: “Our Charity Wills campaign has been taking place annually for more than 20 years. It is great to see the campaign build momentum each year and adapt to a completely virtual service for the first time in 2020. We were determined to run Charity Wills last November and make it a success despite the restrictions.
“It is humbling to hear about the local projects Charity Wills has been able to support thanks to the generosity of our clients and the hard work of our team. Thank you once again to everyone who supported our campaign.”
Claire Anderson, Radio Tay Cash for Kids Charity Manager, said: “We are absolutely blown away by the fact that the Charity Wills campaign has now raised over half a million for Cash for Kids. It’s absolutely incredible and we are so grateful for the support of everyone at Thorntons and of course the public who have chosen to take part in the Charity Wills campaign. The money raised from this campaign has enabled us to support thousands of local children across Tayside and North East Fife over the years, which we are forever grateful for.”
- Diesel prices reach record of over £1.80 a litre
- UK Global Screen Fund receives £21m extra funding for three-year extension
- Energy bills shake-up plans to avoid price shocks
- Land and Property Market Survey
- Here’s The Plan…to a realistic, affordable sustainable future
- Rental market at its ‘most competitive’ ever
- Support for fishing and coastal communities
- Public encouraged to take part in National Parks consultation
- Global Business Dinner to showcase the best of Scotland
- Travelknowhow Scotland are delighted to be able to extend their FREE consultancy support package throughout 2022/23
- It’s the people of Perth’s chance to have their say on BBC Debate Night
- New Digital Skills Academy - applications open
- Perth Festival of the Arts
- Auto Services Perth Ltd sponsor Perth Racecourse for the 2022 season
- Electric models drive second-hand car sales higher
- Morrisons rescues McColl's taking on all 16,000 staff
- Inflationary pressure poses huge risk to Scottish businesses
- Focus on tackling the cost of living in Queen's Speech
- New UK sanctions for Russia and Belarus
- UK Capital Allowance Regime - Consultation
- Additional £4 million for the Young Person’s Guarantee
- Latest FPMC funding round announced
- SCC Quarterly Economic Indicator Survey Q2 2022
- Azets global SME leaders growth conference - 12th May