Law firm reaches £500k fundraising milestone for Cash for Kids
Thorntons took its annual Charity Wills Campaign online for 2020 and with the November campaign raising £60,000 for Cash for Kids, it means the total campaign fundraising pot has surpassed £500,000 since Charity Wills began more than 20 years ago.
Every Charity Wills month, Thorntons will write or update a Will and, rather than charge a fee, ask for an equivalent donation to the charity Cash for Kids. The most recent Charity Wills month was rather different as, due to restrictions, all appointments took place via video to keep clients and Thorntons’ employees safe.
Benefiting from this Cash for Kids funding in Perth this year included a young boy with autism and limited mobility. The donation funded a specialist buggy for the young boy which allowed him to continue exploring outdoors with friends.
Graham Lambert, Wills, Trusts and Succession Planning Senior Solicitor at Thorntons, said: “Our Charity Wills campaign has been taking place annually for more than 20 years. It is great to see the campaign build momentum each year and adapt to a completely virtual service for the first time in 2020. We were determined to run Charity Wills last November and make it a success despite the restrictions.
“It is humbling to hear about the local projects Charity Wills has been able to support thanks to the generosity of our clients and the hard work of our team. Thank you once again to everyone who supported our campaign.”
Claire Anderson, Radio Tay Cash for Kids Charity Manager, said: “We are absolutely blown away by the fact that the Charity Wills campaign has now raised over half a million for Cash for Kids. It’s absolutely incredible and we are so grateful for the support of everyone at Thorntons and of course the public who have chosen to take part in the Charity Wills campaign. The money raised from this campaign has enabled us to support thousands of local children across Tayside and North East Fife over the years, which we are forever grateful for.”
- £20 million funding boost for road freight
- Businesses urged to prepare for National Security and Investment Act
- Scottish Government set out plans for climate action to mark 100 days to COP 26
- New self-isolation exemption scheme for ‘critical workers’
- Opening Of The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant
- Scottish Tourism Leadership Programme
- Help shape the future of support for social enterprises!
- Archie Marks 21st Birthday With A Refreshing New Look
- Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
- Member to Member Offer - Pathfinder Development
- Young Storytelling Stars Honoured at Crieff Hydro Resort
- So You Want to Buy a Croft...?
- Mother & Daughter Team Launch 'AMAZING RESULTS'
- Ascend Skincare Win Gold Medal at the Free From Skincare Awards
- Construction Cash Crunch Looms When Moratorium Ends
- Scotland to ease COVID measures from Monday but with 'certain modifications'
- Additional support for Northern Ireland agri-food traders (GB to NI)
- Centenary Milestone For Chamber Member
- Grant funding to boost sales of local food and drink products
- New consultation on 10-year National Strategy for Economic Transformation
- Creative Scotland Open Fund for Sustaining Creative Development
- We Need You - Regional Business Barometer
- Carbon Tees-up Support For Lawrie's Big County Event
- Plan for law to protect cash access