Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
CHAMBER members and guests know just how good Blairgowrie Golf Club is having enjoyed our recent Golf Day on the prestigious Rosemount course.
So it was nice to see many Scots professionals, including 1999 Open champion Paul Lawrie, waxing lyrical about the Perthshire club following the inaugural “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters” supported by Chamber member Carbon Financial.
The event was won by 29-year-old Ryan Campbell, who is attached to The Renaissance Club, with an impressive nine under par total for his two rounds on Lansdowne and Rosemount.
He captured his milestone TartanPro Tour title with a one-shot lead over St Andrews Classic winner Danny Young (Craigie Hill), Michael Stewart (Troon Welbeck) and Fraser Moore (Glenbervie).
“I have played a lot here in the past with Bradley Neil and I decided to become a member this year,” revealed Campbell, who has experienced events on the European and Challenge Tours.
“The courses and facilities are fantastic.
“It is one of my favourite places to play golf. I absolutely love it here.”
Lawrie made time in a hectic schedule to take part and posted a three under total. He was fulsome in his praise on social media for the golf courses and the catering on offer at Blairgowrie.
As a long-time corporate sponsor at Blairgowrie Golf Club, Carbon Financial managing director Gordon Wilson was delighted with the success of the inaugural “Blairgowrie Perthshire Masters.”
“It’s fantastic that Paul has thrown his weight behind this Tour to help the professionals get competitive action under their belt at some of the country’s top courses, including Blairgowrie” said Gordon.
“We have a long-standing relationship with Blairgowrie Golf Club as a corporate partner and it was great to hear the glowing feedback from the pros.”
Gordon Wilson, managing director of Perth-based Carbon Financial, congratulates Ryan Campbell on his milestone TartanPro Tour victory at Blairgowrie. Pics by Fraser Band Photography.
The instantly recognisable Blairgowrie clubhouse provided the picturesque backdrop for the championship.
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax