Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
BIG hearted staff at a Tayside firm civil engineering contractor threw themselves into a fundraising challenge.
After doubling their £2,000 target, the charitable foundation established by Perth-based Kilmac director Athole McDonald and colleague Richard Kilcullen has dug deep to provide match-funding and the STV Children's Appeal has been boosted by an £8,000 cheque.
Kilmac are long-standing Chamber members.
Lauren Pratt, Kilmac marketing officer, said: “It was fantastic that so many of our office and site staff agreed to take part in the 10xChallenge to support the 10th anniversary of the appeal.
“We set an initial target of £2000 and I was worried we might have been a bit ambitious.
“But the fundraising got off to a flying start with a barbecue in the grounds of our head office which generated around £1500.
“Over the course of the next 10 days we had volunteers - many of them from the Perth area - stepping-up for everything from leg and chest waxes to running and cycling 10k and 10 miles, clocking up 10,000 steps and a more relaxing bake sale.
“We had great support from the Tayside business community for our auction and raffle, with donations from Dundee and St Johnstone, The Gleneagles Hotel and The Malmaison helping raise the cause.
“The company and the Kilmac Foundation is proud of our staff’s record supporting a range of community organisations.
“Group buyer Bert Hope recently tackled the exhausting Cateran Yomp and raised £5,000 for ABF The Soldiers Charity after completing 54 miles in around 21 hours.
“The funds raised by the STV challenge are being used to tackle child poverty and it was great to see office and site staff supporting the various challenges.”
STV presenter Susan Nicholson (left) receives an £8,000 Kilmac charity cheque from staff members Gail Louch and Lauren Pratt
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax