Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
BIG hearted staff at a Tayside firm civil engineering contractor threw themselves into a fundraising challenge.
After doubling their £2,000 target, the charitable foundation established by Perth-based Kilmac director Athole McDonald and colleague Richard Kilcullen has dug deep to provide match-funding and the STV Children's Appeal has been boosted by an £8,000 cheque.
Kilmac are long-standing Chamber members.
Lauren Pratt, Kilmac marketing officer, said: “It was fantastic that so many of our office and site staff agreed to take part in the 10xChallenge to support the 10th anniversary of the appeal.
“We set an initial target of £2000 and I was worried we might have been a bit ambitious.
“But the fundraising got off to a flying start with a barbecue in the grounds of our head office which generated around £1500.
“Over the course of the next 10 days we had volunteers - many of them from the Perth area - stepping-up for everything from leg and chest waxes to running and cycling 10k and 10 miles, clocking up 10,000 steps and a more relaxing bake sale.
“We had great support from the Tayside business community for our auction and raffle, with donations from Dundee and St Johnstone, The Gleneagles Hotel and The Malmaison helping raise the cause.
“The company and the Kilmac Foundation is proud of our staff’s record supporting a range of community organisations.
“Group buyer Bert Hope recently tackled the exhausting Cateran Yomp and raised £5,000 for ABF The Soldiers Charity after completing 54 miles in around 21 hours.
“The funds raised by the STV challenge are being used to tackle child poverty and it was great to see office and site staff supporting the various challenges.”
STV presenter Susan Nicholson (left) receives an £8,000 Kilmac charity cheque from staff members Gail Louch and Lauren Pratt
- Rowan Consultancy fundraising news
- Latest VisitScotland/Business Gateway Digital Webinars
- Sustainable sleeping: Crieff Hydro introduces new eco bedding
- Catering to Celebrancy via Covid
- Guildry Want to Get Behind Local Apprenticeships
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate Level Full Details and Booking
- Strategic Transport Projects Review or STPR2 - Scottish Government Recommendations
- Unlocking tax savings through capital allowances
- First Minister's update to the Scottish Parliament - 18 January 2022
- Professional sport allocated £2.55 million of COVID support
- France to relax travel rules from the UK
- Covid self-isolation in England being cut to five full days
- Scottish business leaders target USA for first in-person trade missions since pandemic began
- Google will spend £730m to 'reinvigorate' its UK offices
- UK economy above pre-Covid levels in November
- COVID 19 Business Support and Continuity Tourism Fund
- SCC: Economic recovery at risk as COVID concerns curtail business growth
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund 2022
- Nightclub Closure Fund
- Crowd restrictions lifted for outdoor events
- ScotWind offshore auction raises £700m
- Introduction to Excel Full Details and Booking
- The DigitalBoost Development Grant has reopened
- Perth event is designed to support the recovery of tourism businesses