Kickstart for Aaron
Kinross Wooden Products Company is delighted to welcome Aaron Nellies to the team as Operations Assistant to support the growth of the remanufacturing and circular economy aspects of the business. Aaron joins through the Government’s Kickstart Scheme; a programme which offers young people the opportunity to learn skills on the job and through structured training to build a successful career.
Operations Director, John Ross said: “The Kickstart Scheme works with employers like us to provide opportunities which will hopefully kickstart the careers of young people who could otherwise be left behind as a result of the global pandemic. As a Living Wage employer, we are very proud to offer the Living Wage to all our new starts to further their ability to grow and develop as part of our team”.
The operations assistant role includes learning the safe operation of the woodworking machinery in the workshop, carrying out woodworking, joinery, and craft type operations to manufacture a variety of products, deliver and install office and home-office furniture and other products, delivering excellent service to customers and ensuring safe working practices.
Aaron said: “I am excited to take up my role in Kinross Wooden Products. Having spent time studying carpentry and joinery at Perth College, I was delighted to get the opportunity to use and develop my skills and continue working in the wooden products manufacturing sector in a local business”.
Managing Director, Kirsteen Ross, said: “Kinross Wooden Products Company are delighted to offer opportunities to local people, and we are committed to supporting the Kinross-shire community. Aaron will undoubtedly bring a youthful approach and lots of ideas and creativity to our team in the next six months and we are really looking forward seeing Aaron’s career progress.
I’d like to acknowledge the support we have received from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Business Gateway Perth and Circular Tayside who have always been on hand to offer support and advice when needed as our company continues to grow and expand as the nation looks to shop local and ensure products are from a sustainable source that does not deplete the world’s precious resources. We are very proud of our commitment to keeping materials in use for as long as possible to minimise environmental impact and increase sustainability producing products that are as ‘green’ as possible”.
- Circular Tayside: Survey highlights Perth and Kinross residents’ concerns over single-use plastics
- Perth College UHI: New Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) allows SMEs to access up to £5,000 worth of training
- Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust - A Valuable Local Asset for All
- Circular Tayside : November 2020 Newsletter
- Circular Tayside: Check out this inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s!
- Inspiring new circular partnership between Remake Scotland and Halley Stevenson’s
- Salutation Hotel Festive Lunch & Dinner Specials
- PRI Cheque Presentation in Memory of Businessman Jim Graham
- Meet Artist Gerard Burns Invitation from Carbon
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Baseline Employment Analysis and Skills Pathways for the Circular Economy in Scotland.
- STAGECOACH EAST SCOTLAND NAMED ‘PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPERATOR’ OF THE YEAR FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING
- Online event: 17 Nov, 1100-1200. Organised by Perthshire Chamber of Commerce and Circular Tayside. Circular Tayside organisations: adapting to COVID-19 Restrictions.