Kickstart for Aaron
Kinross Wooden Products Company is delighted to welcome Aaron Nellies to the team as Operations Assistant to support the growth of the remanufacturing and circular economy aspects of the business. Aaron joins through the Government’s Kickstart Scheme; a programme which offers young people the opportunity to learn skills on the job and through structured training to build a successful career.
Operations Director, John Ross said: “The Kickstart Scheme works with employers like us to provide opportunities which will hopefully kickstart the careers of young people who could otherwise be left behind as a result of the global pandemic. As a Living Wage employer, we are very proud to offer the Living Wage to all our new starts to further their ability to grow and develop as part of our team”.
The operations assistant role includes learning the safe operation of the woodworking machinery in the workshop, carrying out woodworking, joinery, and craft type operations to manufacture a variety of products, deliver and install office and home-office furniture and other products, delivering excellent service to customers and ensuring safe working practices.
Aaron said: “I am excited to take up my role in Kinross Wooden Products. Having spent time studying carpentry and joinery at Perth College, I was delighted to get the opportunity to use and develop my skills and continue working in the wooden products manufacturing sector in a local business”.
Managing Director, Kirsteen Ross, said: “Kinross Wooden Products Company are delighted to offer opportunities to local people, and we are committed to supporting the Kinross-shire community. Aaron will undoubtedly bring a youthful approach and lots of ideas and creativity to our team in the next six months and we are really looking forward seeing Aaron’s career progress.
I’d like to acknowledge the support we have received from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Business Gateway Perth and Circular Tayside who have always been on hand to offer support and advice when needed as our company continues to grow and expand as the nation looks to shop local and ensure products are from a sustainable source that does not deplete the world’s precious resources. We are very proud of our commitment to keeping materials in use for as long as possible to minimise environmental impact and increase sustainability producing products that are as ‘green’ as possible”.
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 10th February, 3-4 PM
- Johnston Carmichael experts reveal business predictions for 2021
- Trio of New Year appointments at Bell Ingram
- Blackadders: Protecting Your Future in 2021: Wills and Powers of Attorney – Part 1
- Blackadders: Civil Court Update: Continued Operation of Scotland’s Civil Courts
- Blackadders: The First Minister announces tougher restrictions: what does it mean for office work?
- Circular Tayside: Prince Charles launches 'earth charter' for businesses tackling nature and climate crises
- Charity Begins at Home
- Thorntons: Employment Law Webinar - Are you Ready for 2021?
- Blackadders: 7th January 2021 The Law behind the Headlines: New mother wins payout of up to £9k after she was left out of Christmas party while on maternity leave’ (Mirror online, 6 January 2021))
- £10m DigitalBoost Grant Now Open For Applications
- Circular Tayside: New Partnership Launches Initiative to Mobilise Natural & Cultural Heritage for Climate Action
- Circular Tayside: Travel for All Our Tomorrows £82,640 of investment secured to develop a second stage of Regenerative Tourism experiences in the new Cateran Ecomuseum
- The Malting House Dundee design studio comes of age
- Circular Tayside: Take a look at this inspiring Triple A plan from the MDG group that covers sustainability and circular economy!
- Tippermuir Books has the pleasure of being the publisher for The Black Watch & the Great War.
- Senior promotions at Thorntons Solicitors
- SCOTTISH SMEs REMAIN COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY DESPITE COVID-19
- PKC Place Management Team: FAO Independent Retailers, Restaurants and Public Facing Businesses in Perth and Kinross. 6 Jan 2021.
- TravelKnowHow Scotland: Free Virtual Workplace Travel Planning Workshops
- SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCE A FURTHER £13 MILLION FOR EVENTS INDUSTRY
- The Magic of Christmas from Pitlochry Festival Theatre
- Circular Tayside: How to make your own reusable face covering – live workshop from Zero Waste Scotland
- Circular Tayside: Rural jobs Scotland: Report predicts thousands of roles could be created in green economy boost