Kickstart for Aaron
Kinross Wooden Products Company is delighted to welcome Aaron Nellies to the team as Operations Assistant to support the growth of the remanufacturing and circular economy aspects of the business. Aaron joins through the Government’s Kickstart Scheme; a programme which offers young people the opportunity to learn skills on the job and through structured training to build a successful career.
Operations Director, John Ross said: “The Kickstart Scheme works with employers like us to provide opportunities which will hopefully kickstart the careers of young people who could otherwise be left behind as a result of the global pandemic. As a Living Wage employer, we are very proud to offer the Living Wage to all our new starts to further their ability to grow and develop as part of our team”.
The operations assistant role includes learning the safe operation of the woodworking machinery in the workshop, carrying out woodworking, joinery, and craft type operations to manufacture a variety of products, deliver and install office and home-office furniture and other products, delivering excellent service to customers and ensuring safe working practices.
Aaron said: “I am excited to take up my role in Kinross Wooden Products. Having spent time studying carpentry and joinery at Perth College, I was delighted to get the opportunity to use and develop my skills and continue working in the wooden products manufacturing sector in a local business”.
Managing Director, Kirsteen Ross, said: “Kinross Wooden Products Company are delighted to offer opportunities to local people, and we are committed to supporting the Kinross-shire community. Aaron will undoubtedly bring a youthful approach and lots of ideas and creativity to our team in the next six months and we are really looking forward seeing Aaron’s career progress.
I’d like to acknowledge the support we have received from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Business Gateway Perth and Circular Tayside who have always been on hand to offer support and advice when needed as our company continues to grow and expand as the nation looks to shop local and ensure products are from a sustainable source that does not deplete the world’s precious resources. We are very proud of our commitment to keeping materials in use for as long as possible to minimise environmental impact and increase sustainability producing products that are as ‘green’ as possible”.
- Scottish Government Daily Update 22nd March 2021
- Perth Based Housebuilder Attains 5* Rating
- Business Support Bulletin - Grants & Funding Deadlines, 22nd - 28th March 2021
- Scottish Enterprise to make £4 million available for Green Jobs
- Scottish Government Daily Update 19th March 2021
- Scottish Government - Coronavirus Easing of Restrictions Summary, Tuesday 16th March
- SME Brexit Support Fund Open for Applications
- Scottish Enterprise & AOG Energy - Virtual Mission
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 11th March 2021
- Scottish Government Daily Update 10 March 2021
- Are mergers on the cards as a solution for charities?
- Scottish Government Daily Update 09 March 2021
- SCC Network: Campervan and Motorhome Rental Operators Fund
- Scottish Apprenticeships Employer Event with Perth College UHI
- Enchanted Forest Launches Nationwide Search for New Trustees
- Buyer demand remains undiminished
- Business Training and Support Awarded to 40 Heritage Organisations Across Scotland
- £209m funding for Smart sustainable plastic packaging solutions- check it out!
- Pandemic fails to halt growth of property consultancy’s Scottish Division
- Eviction of tenants during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Temperatures Rise as Businesses Tackle the Menopause at Work
- Thorntons: Immigration Webinar: What employers need to know
- Circular Tayside: New Scottish Procurement Policy Note
- Abertay University Short Courses in Digital Business and Managing Transformational Change