Kickstart for Aaron
Kinross Wooden Products Company is delighted to welcome Aaron Nellies to the team as Operations Assistant to support the growth of the remanufacturing and circular economy aspects of the business. Aaron joins through the Government’s Kickstart Scheme; a programme which offers young people the opportunity to learn skills on the job and through structured training to build a successful career.
Operations Director, John Ross said: “The Kickstart Scheme works with employers like us to provide opportunities which will hopefully kickstart the careers of young people who could otherwise be left behind as a result of the global pandemic. As a Living Wage employer, we are very proud to offer the Living Wage to all our new starts to further their ability to grow and develop as part of our team”.
The operations assistant role includes learning the safe operation of the woodworking machinery in the workshop, carrying out woodworking, joinery, and craft type operations to manufacture a variety of products, deliver and install office and home-office furniture and other products, delivering excellent service to customers and ensuring safe working practices.
Aaron said: “I am excited to take up my role in Kinross Wooden Products. Having spent time studying carpentry and joinery at Perth College, I was delighted to get the opportunity to use and develop my skills and continue working in the wooden products manufacturing sector in a local business”.
Managing Director, Kirsteen Ross, said: “Kinross Wooden Products Company are delighted to offer opportunities to local people, and we are committed to supporting the Kinross-shire community. Aaron will undoubtedly bring a youthful approach and lots of ideas and creativity to our team in the next six months and we are really looking forward seeing Aaron’s career progress.
I’d like to acknowledge the support we have received from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Business Gateway Perth and Circular Tayside who have always been on hand to offer support and advice when needed as our company continues to grow and expand as the nation looks to shop local and ensure products are from a sustainable source that does not deplete the world’s precious resources. We are very proud of our commitment to keeping materials in use for as long as possible to minimise environmental impact and increase sustainability producing products that are as ‘green’ as possible”.
- Colombian Market and Opportunities for Scottish Business
- Family Reunions at Balhousie
- Scottish Government Toolkit - Helping Your Business Open Safely
- Blackadders - This isn’t just any trade mark infringement…
- Scottish Government Coronavirus Update Tuesday 20th April 2021
- Moving to Level 3
- Lockdown restrictions continue to be eased
- Voyager closes £874,000 crowdfunding round 35 days early due to oversubscription
- Perth City Centre Website – how to register your reopening details
- Royal Bank of Scotland Re-Launches Enterprise Programme
- Rally for Growth - Party Leader Events
- Scottish Government Daily Update 13th April 2021
- Charity works – if ever you needed proof - Barnardo’s Works
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach