Kickstart for Aaron
Kinross Wooden Products Company is delighted to welcome Aaron Nellies to the team as Operations Assistant to support the growth of the remanufacturing and circular economy aspects of the business. Aaron joins through the Government’s Kickstart Scheme; a programme which offers young people the opportunity to learn skills on the job and through structured training to build a successful career.
Operations Director, John Ross said: “The Kickstart Scheme works with employers like us to provide opportunities which will hopefully kickstart the careers of young people who could otherwise be left behind as a result of the global pandemic. As a Living Wage employer, we are very proud to offer the Living Wage to all our new starts to further their ability to grow and develop as part of our team”.
The operations assistant role includes learning the safe operation of the woodworking machinery in the workshop, carrying out woodworking, joinery, and craft type operations to manufacture a variety of products, deliver and install office and home-office furniture and other products, delivering excellent service to customers and ensuring safe working practices.
Aaron said: “I am excited to take up my role in Kinross Wooden Products. Having spent time studying carpentry and joinery at Perth College, I was delighted to get the opportunity to use and develop my skills and continue working in the wooden products manufacturing sector in a local business”.
Managing Director, Kirsteen Ross, said: “Kinross Wooden Products Company are delighted to offer opportunities to local people, and we are committed to supporting the Kinross-shire community. Aaron will undoubtedly bring a youthful approach and lots of ideas and creativity to our team in the next six months and we are really looking forward seeing Aaron’s career progress.
I’d like to acknowledge the support we have received from Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, Business Gateway Perth and Circular Tayside who have always been on hand to offer support and advice when needed as our company continues to grow and expand as the nation looks to shop local and ensure products are from a sustainable source that does not deplete the world’s precious resources. We are very proud of our commitment to keeping materials in use for as long as possible to minimise environmental impact and increase sustainability producing products that are as ‘green’ as possible”.
- Invitation: Perth: The most sustainable small city in Europe - what will it take?
- Scottish Government: (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Balhousie Care Group launches new employee benefits programme
- Thorntons: Property market boom shows no signs of stopping
- Supporting Colleagues’ Mental Health Webinar
- Circular Tayside: Biomimicry and Circular Economy, 20th October
- Circular Tayside September Newsletter
- Care home operator finds virtual way to ‘open doors’ to public for tours
- Window Wanderland in Perth, Sat 3rd Oct 2020
- ACS Aviation intensifies training efforts and hires young aircraft engineers
- FREE OFFICE FURNITURE
- Third Circular Tayside Ambassador meeting- 18.09.2020- Circular Tayside Charter
- Trade Body Backing for Graduate Trainee Programme
- Crieff Golf Club Early Bird Membership Offer
- Entrepreneur sees sales of premium curries rocket during pandemic
- Last chance to join Bluesky Experiences Webinar, 30th September
- Gleneagles has launched a new Wild Wellness Package
- Sales Representative vacancy at Balhousie Glazing Ltd, Perth
- How to Facilitate dialogue with staff about mental health & trauma
- Rowan Consultancy has become an Accredited Living Wage Employer
- Innovation workshop with Circular Tayside and Zero Waste Scotland – 1st October
- Supporting Colleagues Mental Wellbeing while WFH and returning to the workplace, by Rowan Consultancy Ltd
- Perthshire care home keeps it all 'in the family' as it employs 13 related staff members
- Chamber Available as Kickstart Scheme Intermediary for those with fewer than 30 Placements