Industry accreditation for Thorntons’ Director
The Director of Data Protection Services at full service law firm Thorntons has recently passed her Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) exam, complimenting her position as a Certified Information Privacy Manager and further strengthening the credentials of the firm’s Intellectual Property, Technology and Media Team.
Morgan O’Neill’s new qualification was awarded by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). Completion of the CIPP exam is designed to help bolster compliance and risk mitigation practices.
Morgan specialises in data protection audit, risk management and privacy by design and default. She has vast experience in advising organisations in relation to marketing, data breaches, data subject rights and delivering targeted data protection training.
Colin Graham, Chairman at Thorntons, said: “We offer a huge congratulations to Morgan on furthering her specialist qualifications in data protection, which is indicative of the continual growth and expertise within our IP Team. It’s a great asset to the firm to be able to provide our clients with enhanced data protection advice, and we’re proud to be leading the way in providing a full service experience.”
Morgan added: “I’m thrilled to be recognised by the IAPP as a Certified Information Privacy Manager and to have passed my CIPP exam. This will allow me to continue to work closely with clients and colleagues, advising on a full range of data protection matters.”
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer