Hospitality legend retiring after six decades
Ian Gibb, Sector Manager for Food Studies and Hospitality is retiring after six decades with Perth College UHI. He has worked with countless students over the years and worked with industry - locally and with lots of 'great names' including Tom Kitchin.
During his time at the college Ian has been instrumental in establishing links with industry peers, including a Local Employers Forum and Advisory Group. These support employers linking with College students for part-time work, placements, volunteering and full-time opportunities, as well as helping lecturers align with what is happening in industry now. The Forum also allows the industry to know about the curriculum - and to have input in shaping it going forward. These networks are recognised in terms of HMIe recognition as well as winning many high-profile awards.
Ian said: “Our links with employers are amazing and our door is always open. Our curriculum is the only college in Scotland that has day-to-day curriculum involvement in terms of the award-winning Food Court. I can’t imagine the Perth College UHI Food Studies and Hospitality department operating so successfully without our vital industry involvement. Yes, its hard work - but so beneficial for my team and for every student in the department, and our benchmark of success is supporting our students to achieve their dreams within their chosen profession.”
He has supported the ambitions and successful careers of many individuals within hospitality and will be much missed.
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax
- Forth Valley Virtual Trade Mission to Belgium
- Blackadders: Knowledge of disability is key in disability discrimination claims
- Stagecoach launches new sustainability strategy
- Thorntons launches Charity Wills Campaign virtually this September
- Loan scheme launched for Scotland's farmers and crofters
- New touring fund for live music
- Scottish Covid inquiry to start later this year
- Blackadders - To be or not to Airbnb?
- Future Looks Bright For SMEs – New SME Barometer