Thorntons starts 2019 with two new partner promotions
Thorntons Solicitors has appointed Loretta Maxfield and Robbie Francis as new partners in its Dundee office.
Loretta, from Carnoustie, studied at Dundee University with her third year of law completed at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. She began her career as a trainee with Thorntons after graduating in June 2005 qualifying as a member of the intellectual property team two years later. In 2014 Loretta became dual qualified in English Law.
A key area of expertise for Loretta is data protection and she works with a range of clients from SMEs to educational and research establishments and large multinational companies. In addition to data protection, she advises on general commercial contracts, information technology, regulatory compliance and media-related issues.
Loretta is also a member of the Law Society of Scotland’s Intellectual Property Law reform sub-committee. In 2014 she was seconded to the research team at the James Hutton Institute for nine months.
Robbie, from Fife, studied at the University of Edinburgh. He joined Thorntons shortly after qualifying in May 2007. He began his career with the firm in their commercial property team before moving to specialise in corporate work.
Working on a wide range of corporate projects, Robbie has a particular focus on the education sector. He is heavily involved in advising a number of the firm’s university clients on corporate governance, constitutional matters and international projects. At Thorntons Robbie sits on the internal Brexit committee, tracking progress of political and legal developments and the impact they are likely to have on clients and key sectors. Robbie spent five months on secondment in 2015 at the Office of Advocate General for Scotland where he was involved in providing legal advice to the UK Government in relation to Scotland.
Colin Graham, Chairman at Thorntons, said: “We see these excellent twin appointments as pivotal to our future growth aspirations. It’s great to start the New Year here at Thorntons with promotions within our team. We see it as vital to promote from within and to continue to develop our own talent.
“We will continue to invest in training and internal development of our people going forward providing motivation for our colleagues and trust for our clients. Congratulations to our new partners Robbie and Loretta for their well-deserved promotions."
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 26th October 2020
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 23 Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 22nd Oct 2020
- From Piste to Perthshire: Gleneagles launches Winter Playground Passes
- Scottish Government Daily Update 21st October
- Eight Trainees Secure Permanent Positions with Thorntons
- Tayside Mountain Rescue Funds Boosted by £10,000 Donation
- Diversifying Your Employment for an Inclusive Perth
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communications Update - 20th Oct 2020
- Alm College Virtual Open Lecture Event: Basic Income - Security in a time of Pandemic
- Thorntons Charity Wills Campaign goes virtual for 2020
- Landlord Webinar: Covid19, Where are we now and what next for landlords?
- Gov.Scot: Economy COVID-19 Communication Update - 19th Oct 2020
- The Glenturret, Scotland’s Oldest Working Distillery launches its new range
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 16th Oct 2020
- Gov.Scot: COVID-19 Communications Update - 15th Oct 2020
- Circular Tayside Charter
- Invitation: Perth: The most sustainable small city in Europe - what will it take?
- Scottish Government Daily Evening Update 13th October 2020
- Scottish Government: (Circular) Consultation launched on banning common single-use plastic items.
- Balhousie Care Group launches new employee benefits programme
- Thorntons: Property market boom shows no signs of stopping
- BlueSky Experiences : COVID-19 As A Catalyst for Change Webinar 30 September
- Summary of the COVID measures announced today by First Minister (updated 1804)