GS Group unveils premier package
The GS Group has announced a corporate partnership with St Johnstone FC.
The company - Scotland’s second biggest independent insurance broker - now has five bases across Scotland, with their corporate headquarters in Perth.
Managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs said: “We have backed St Johnstone for nearly 20 years.
“With this new initiative, we are particularly keen to support the football club’s excellent work in the community, given our own deep roots in Perthshire.”
The GS Group supports Perthshire Rugby Football Club, the Barrie Douglas Foundation, which is nurturing young sporting talent in tandem with Foundations backed by Ryder Cup stars Paul Lawrie and Stephen Gallagher, and a range of local and national charities.
“We now have 60-plus staff and have been keen supporters of the Career Ready initiative aimed at introducing students to the workplace,” said George.
“We are a community broker and the tie-up with Saints will see supporters benefiting from a range of special deals flagged-up through the football club.
“While we have backed Saints for many years, the value of a successful football club to the area really struck me in the aftermath of the 2014 Scottish Cup win.
“Hopefully the club enjoys further success in the years ahead.”
St Johnstone director Stan Harris has welcomed the close relationship between the Premiership club and the GS Group.
He said: “It is great to enjoy support from a successful business like the GS Group.
“Like St Johnstone, it is proud of its Perth roots and is very much part of the community.
“The club has a long-standing relationship with the company but this ground-breaking corporate partnership takes it to a new level.”
St Johnstone director Stan Harris (centre) welcomes a corporate sponsorship with George Stubbs, managing director of the GS Group, and the company’s senior client director Peter Robertson.
- LEGUS appoint Campbell Clark as Chair
- The Enchanted Forest secures spot in Lonely Planet's Ultimate UK Travel Guide
- Perthshire businesses embrace work experience programme
- Enchanted Forest donates t-shirts to Mary's Meals Backpack Project
- GS Group unveils premier package
- Solheim Cup comes to Perthshire
- Non-traditional trade marks
- Award-winning Chef launches new food business at Perth Show
- Trucking In Down the Shore Road
- Crieff Hydro Family of Hotels' Chairman & CEO Appointed Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for Perth & Kinross
- Stagecoach East Scotland tackles loneliness in local communities
- Balhousie Care Group takes inter-generational links to new ‘lengths’ – in the form of a unique tartan
- It's Game On as this year's Scottish Game Fair kicks off at Scone Palace
- Bank of Scotland names new head of commercial banking
- Tayside solicitor wins coveted international award
- Scottish businesses struggling to grow amidst Brexit deadlock
- New Scottish tourist route Heart 200 launches
- Crieff care home team scores a first for its dementia training
- Castle Water wins fourth multi-million-pound deal with the public sector in England
- Amanda Sword joins Balhousie Coupar Angus as new care home manager
- Stagecoach East Scotland supports 2019 Armed Forces Day with free travel
- Miller Hendry warns against not seeking advice early doors when selling a business
- Year two of the GDPR marks the end of basic compliance
- Tickets for The Enchanted Forest 2019 go on sale today for a starry spectacle this autumn