GS Group unveils premier package
The GS Group has announced a corporate partnership with St Johnstone FC.
The company - Scotland’s second biggest independent insurance broker - now has five bases across Scotland, with their corporate headquarters in Perth.
Managing director and former Chamber director George Stubbs said: “We have backed St Johnstone for nearly 20 years.
“With this new initiative, we are particularly keen to support the football club’s excellent work in the community, given our own deep roots in Perthshire.”
The GS Group supports Perthshire Rugby Football Club, the Barrie Douglas Foundation, which is nurturing young sporting talent in tandem with Foundations backed by Ryder Cup stars Paul Lawrie and Stephen Gallagher, and a range of local and national charities.
“We now have 60-plus staff and have been keen supporters of the Career Ready initiative aimed at introducing students to the workplace,” said George.
“We are a community broker and the tie-up with Saints will see supporters benefiting from a range of special deals flagged-up through the football club.
“While we have backed Saints for many years, the value of a successful football club to the area really struck me in the aftermath of the 2014 Scottish Cup win.
“Hopefully the club enjoys further success in the years ahead.”
St Johnstone director Stan Harris has welcomed the close relationship between the Premiership club and the GS Group.
He said: “It is great to enjoy support from a successful business like the GS Group.
“Like St Johnstone, it is proud of its Perth roots and is very much part of the community.
“The club has a long-standing relationship with the company but this ground-breaking corporate partnership takes it to a new level.”
St Johnstone director Stan Harris (centre) welcomes a corporate sponsorship with George Stubbs, managing director of the GS Group, and the company’s senior client director Peter Robertson.
- 150 year old family business takes Perthshire’s top title
- Barrie Foundation Backed By Chamber Golfers
- SEVENTH UK WIN ON THE SPIN FOR CARBON
- Perthshire care home opening doors to job seekers this weekend
- Carbon back Open winner's foundation
- New lease of life for Perth nightclub
- SCC Comments on proposed Brexit Agreement
- Businesses call for Brexit outcome that delivers "wall of cash" economic upside
- Peebles Hydro Turns Water Into Gin
- Business finalists selected for Star billing
- Circular Tayside Manager joins Chamber teams
- Balhousie Care Group’s staff shine as they are shortlisted for four Scottish Care Awards
- Barclays launches Brexit clinics for farmers and manufacturing clients as it announces fresh wave of support for business
- Business Star Awards 2019
- Crieff Hydro Charity Event to raise funds for My Name'5 Doddie Foundation
- Enchanted Forest reaches for the stars in this year's show
- Lindsays agrees four more years of support with scottishathletics
- Perfect Conditions at Pitlochry Golf Club for Chamber Golf Day
- SCC Chief hails return of two-year post study work visa as “right for Scotland”
- Travelknowhow Scotland are offering a series of FREE 30-minute, business-focused webinars.
- Balhousie Luncarty’s ‘high fives’ as staff lauded for best practice
- Online Counselling Skills Course Launched
- Confidence falls for second consecutive month
- Green Network for Business