GS Group Backing Local Talent to Drive the Business Forward
THE Perth-based GS Group has unveiled a raft of promotions designed to enhance its reputation as one of Scotland’s leading independent insurance brokers.
Managing director George Stubbs said much of the success enjoyed by the Shore Road company over the last 28 years had been down to identifying and nurturing local talent.
“This is by far the biggest shake-up in years and has been prompted by continuing growth of our Scottish business,” said company founder, managing director and long-time Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member Mr Stubbs.
“It also forms part of our ambitious plan for the business to reach premium turnover of £40 million within the next five years.
“We are proud of our reputation in the industry for growing our own talent and promoting from within and are proud of our status as the only Chartered Insurance Broker locally.
“Also, we now have several family members within the business, which is testament to the values we hold dear across our insurance and financial services business.”
The tranche of insurance sector promotions sees Sean Fleming elevated to finance director, Nick Barr and Peter Robertson to client directors and Gordon Taylor to branch development manager.
In addition, Scott McKee and Ryan Ruthven have been promoted to senior account executives, while Chris Hamilton, Martin O’Connor and Lee Bloomer have been promoted to account executive roles and Johnny Taylor to senior account handler.
Within the Financial Services division, Craig Herd has been promoted to administration manager and along with Simone Zaczek is in training to become a full IFA.
“We are a people business and these promotions allow staff to further their careers within our group,” explained Mr Stubbs.
“We pride ourselves on our staff retention levels and development strategy.
“Encouraging young talent and being able to help fuel and support their ambitions is what keeps me driving the business forward.”
- Royal Bank of Scotland Re-Launches Enterprise Programme
- Rally for Growth - Party Leader Events
- Scottish Government Daily Update 13th April 2021
- Charity works – if ever you needed proof - Barnardo’s Works
- China-Britain Business Council - UK-China Consumer Week, 19th - 23rd April
- Aspen Waite reach out to the business world with dedicated radio station
- Temporary Restrictions Fund for Childcare Providers
- SMART SCOTLAND Grant – Applications Open
- Sir Tom Hunter's Economic Report - Backed by 27 Scottish Business Leaders
- Global Travel Taskforce publishes framework for restarting international travel
- Children can lose out if step-parent changes the Will
- Cyber-attacks. What can you do to protect your organisation's personal data?
- Call for Artists - Perthshire Open Studios is back for 2021
- Fairways Look to Help Boost Economy by Launching ‘Build Back Better’ Fund
- Perthshire Chamber calls for “relationship reset” as Holyrood elections approach
- Club 300 Expansion
- Spirit of Perthshire Whisky Festival
- Scottish Government Daily Update 7th April 2021
- Penny the care home dog "feeling the love" as the pennies come rolling in
- Increased Productivity in Home Working
- Change in Moving Goods to Northern Ireland
- Two Million Workers Receive Pay Rise
- Balhousie Holdings - Supreme Court Ruling
- Agricultural Leases - Amnesty Notice Deadline