GS Group Backing Local Talent to Drive the Business Forward
THE Perth-based GS Group has unveiled a raft of promotions designed to enhance its reputation as one of Scotland’s leading independent insurance brokers.
Managing director George Stubbs said much of the success enjoyed by the Shore Road company over the last 28 years had been down to identifying and nurturing local talent.
“This is by far the biggest shake-up in years and has been prompted by continuing growth of our Scottish business,” said company founder, managing director and long-time Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member Mr Stubbs.
“It also forms part of our ambitious plan for the business to reach premium turnover of £40 million within the next five years.
“We are proud of our reputation in the industry for growing our own talent and promoting from within and are proud of our status as the only Chartered Insurance Broker locally.
“Also, we now have several family members within the business, which is testament to the values we hold dear across our insurance and financial services business.”
The tranche of insurance sector promotions sees Sean Fleming elevated to finance director, Nick Barr and Peter Robertson to client directors and Gordon Taylor to branch development manager.
In addition, Scott McKee and Ryan Ruthven have been promoted to senior account executives, while Chris Hamilton, Martin O’Connor and Lee Bloomer have been promoted to account executive roles and Johnny Taylor to senior account handler.
Within the Financial Services division, Craig Herd has been promoted to administration manager and along with Simone Zaczek is in training to become a full IFA.
“We are a people business and these promotions allow staff to further their careers within our group,” explained Mr Stubbs.
“We pride ourselves on our staff retention levels and development strategy.
“Encouraging young talent and being able to help fuel and support their ambitions is what keeps me driving the business forward.”
- Rowan Consultancy: Manager as Coach Course
- Oh Yes We Are - Live Online Panto from Perth Theatre
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Trauma Healing Together: The Ultimate Christmas Quiz, 19th December, 2020.
- Thorntons: Data Protection Webinar. A Roundup of 2020 ICO Enforcement Action Webinar
- Scottish Government Daily update on COVID-19, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Y-Xplore at YMCA Tayside, with support from the Aviva Community Fund
- Scottish Government Daily Update Friday 20th November 2020
- AbilityNet - Who we are and What we do
- Heartland FM Shortlisted in National Radio Awards
- Circular Tayside: Exciting new funding to help Sottish businesses save energy!
- Scottish Government Daily Update Thursday 19th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is launching a new campaign for face coverings.
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Circular Tayside: Circular Construction and the Perth West Project, 25th November, 10-11 AM
- Scottish Government Daily Update Monday 16th November 2020
- Perthshire Chamber - You Asked and We Delivered November 2020
- Scottish Government: Daily Update Thursday 12th November 2020
- ONE of Perth’s longest established opticians is eyeing-up a move
- Scottish Government Daily Update Wednesday 11th November 2020
- Gov.Scot: Scotland's Young Persons Guarantee Launched
- Student Volunteer wins Award for Community Work in Perth
- Scottish Government Daily Update Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Scot Gov COVID Update: Perth and Kinross Tier Three from Friday 13th Nov 2020