GS Group Backing Local Talent to Drive the Business Forward
THE Perth-based GS Group has unveiled a raft of promotions designed to enhance its reputation as one of Scotland’s leading independent insurance brokers.
Managing director George Stubbs said much of the success enjoyed by the Shore Road company over the last 28 years had been down to identifying and nurturing local talent.
“This is by far the biggest shake-up in years and has been prompted by continuing growth of our Scottish business,” said company founder, managing director and long-time Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member Mr Stubbs.
“It also forms part of our ambitious plan for the business to reach premium turnover of £40 million within the next five years.
“We are proud of our reputation in the industry for growing our own talent and promoting from within and are proud of our status as the only Chartered Insurance Broker locally.
“Also, we now have several family members within the business, which is testament to the values we hold dear across our insurance and financial services business.”
The tranche of insurance sector promotions sees Sean Fleming elevated to finance director, Nick Barr and Peter Robertson to client directors and Gordon Taylor to branch development manager.
In addition, Scott McKee and Ryan Ruthven have been promoted to senior account executives, while Chris Hamilton, Martin O’Connor and Lee Bloomer have been promoted to account executive roles and Johnny Taylor to senior account handler.
Within the Financial Services division, Craig Herd has been promoted to administration manager and along with Simone Zaczek is in training to become a full IFA.
“We are a people business and these promotions allow staff to further their careers within our group,” explained Mr Stubbs.
“We pride ourselves on our staff retention levels and development strategy.
“Encouraging young talent and being able to help fuel and support their ambitions is what keeps me driving the business forward.”
- Stagecoach East Scotland Shortlisted for Top Industry Awards
- Gleneagles to Welcome Guests from 15 July, 2020
- Zero Waste Scotland launches food redistribution matchmaking service
- Meet George, 98 Years Young and Still Learning
- Balhousie Care Group is #GladtoCare as national awareness week “shines a light on the care industry’s incredible work”
- Covid-19 Business Recovery: "Green Investment is the way to go" wrap-up
- Circular Tayside: Chat with Kevin Frediani, Dundee University Botanic Garden
- REMAKE in Crieff gets £57k funding to support local community
- Circular Tayside - Second Ambassador Meeting
- A new chapter for Balhousie North Inch Grove as it introduces two new managers
- Zero Waste Scotland Event - Sustainable Renovation in Practice - 22 July 2020
- Thorntons Estate Agency gears up for viewings as waiting list grows
- D C Thomson Media launches Back to Business
- Covid-19 business recovery: Green investment is the way to go by Circular Tayside
- 'Artist-in-Resident' Gordon brings his creativity to Perthshire Care Home
- Balhousie Care Group Buries Time Capsule for Future Generations to Learn About People's Experiences During Coronavirus Crisis
- Upskill with short, no cost course on Digital Marketing
- “Chat with Circular Tayside” with John Ross, Kinross Wooden Products
- Scottish Government: £20k-£80k "Designing Sustainable Plastic Solutions" Funding Competition
- Balhousie Care Group Introduce Thermal Imaging Cameras to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
- New "Chat with Circular Tayside" Series
- Perth and Kinross Residents Invited to Travel the World with Live Active Leisure
- Coronavirus in Care Homes: Balhousie Care Group reveals three months of mixed messages
- Scottish Government: Bee Disease confirmed in Perthshire, 28 May 2020