GS Group Backing Local Talent to Drive the Business Forward
THE Perth-based GS Group has unveiled a raft of promotions designed to enhance its reputation as one of Scotland’s leading independent insurance brokers.
Managing director George Stubbs said much of the success enjoyed by the Shore Road company over the last 28 years had been down to identifying and nurturing local talent.
“This is by far the biggest shake-up in years and has been prompted by continuing growth of our Scottish business,” said company founder, managing director and long-time Perthshire Chamber of Commerce member Mr Stubbs.
“It also forms part of our ambitious plan for the business to reach premium turnover of £40 million within the next five years.
“We are proud of our reputation in the industry for growing our own talent and promoting from within and are proud of our status as the only Chartered Insurance Broker locally.
“Also, we now have several family members within the business, which is testament to the values we hold dear across our insurance and financial services business.”
The tranche of insurance sector promotions sees Sean Fleming elevated to finance director, Nick Barr and Peter Robertson to client directors and Gordon Taylor to branch development manager.
In addition, Scott McKee and Ryan Ruthven have been promoted to senior account executives, while Chris Hamilton, Martin O’Connor and Lee Bloomer have been promoted to account executive roles and Johnny Taylor to senior account handler.
Within the Financial Services division, Craig Herd has been promoted to administration manager and along with Simone Zaczek is in training to become a full IFA.
“We are a people business and these promotions allow staff to further their careers within our group,” explained Mr Stubbs.
“We pride ourselves on our staff retention levels and development strategy.
“Encouraging young talent and being able to help fuel and support their ambitions is what keeps me driving the business forward.”
- Kilmac Raises £8,000 for STV Children's Appeal
- Further trainees start their legal career with Thorntons
- Trade mission showcases Scottish luxury on a global stage
- Lavish Praise for Big Country Golf Club
- MACNABS TRAINEE INTAKE INCREASES TO FOUR
- Ryder Cup Veteran Lawrie in Action at Blairgowrie
- Perth Gym, Club 300, Win UK Active 'Club of the Year'
- Scottish Government Update on Greenports
- Thousands Pedal Across Highland Perthshire at Etape Caledonia 2021
- Blairgowrie Firm win double at Top UK Industry Awards
- Business Membership Launched by Rotary Club Perth
- The Queen's Green Canopy
- Golf Day 2021 Results
- Scottish Government Programme for Scotland 2021-2022
- First Minister announces plan for domestic vaccine certification
- Lindsays: Rise in employee-owned companies is good for Scotland’s economy
- Cyclists Prepare for 500-Mile Highland Charity Challenge
- Perthshire Chamber's Annual Golf Day Returns for September 2021
- New Perthshire Chamber Training and Networking Events
- Kilmac on the road to all-electric fleet
- Salmoni's marks 50th anniversary by move to new premises
- New £450m fund to unlock cutting-edge innovation across gas and electricity networks
- Prepackaged for Direct Sale Legislation - Food Standards Scotland
- Consultation on Scotland's first Framework for Tax